Stanford goes down to USC (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

Stanford goes down to USC (Merged thread)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Stanford goes down 55-46 to USC!
From the box score it doesn't look like Stanford ever threatened USC either. Probably didn't take them seriously after putting together a good win against UCLA on the road 2 nights earlier. Stanford wont win many games with Brink/Jones combining to shoot 6-27. I think they drop to #4 behind Ohio State and UCONN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sadtree.jpg

Reaction Score
Stanford's 2 big stars were injured, right? Lol

Sorry, that was cruel. They lost the old fashioned way, by shooting and defending poorly. Jones 3-13, Brink 3-14, Jump 0-5, as a whole, they shot 31% and 19% from 3.

Reaction Score
From the box score it doesn't look like Stanford ever threatened USC either. Probably didn't take them seriously after putting together a good win against UCLA on the road 2 nights earlier. Stanford wont win many games with Brink/Jones combining to shoot 6-27. I think they drop to #4 behind Ohio State and UCONN.
Gotta fall more than 2 losing to unranked

Reaction Score
Brink was the only Tree in double figures (barely) with 11 points on 14 shots and some free throws to get that. Pretchel with only 3 points and that came very late in the 4th. Appears that Tara played 13 tonight. The Trees have not been looking very good, lately. They have a lot of talent on that team. Someone needs to step up. Do they need a true PG?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Gotta fall more than 2 losing to unranked
You might be right. I’d have a hard time putting LSU at 4 based on them not having any quality wins, but I do think Indiana has a case to be ahead of Stanford.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You might be right. I’d have a hard time putting LSU at 4 based on them not having any quality wins, but I do think Indiana has a case to be ahead of Stanford.

What about ND?

Reaction Score
Well, I just submitted my BY Top 25, and I put Stanford at 6 for this loss, and didn't include LSU at all. LSU may turn out to be good, but to rank them now is just guessing that they'll show us something eventually.

Texas beat Iowa St too. Partly it was just a matter of being outplayed, but also this is who Iowa St is without Soares.

I weigh RPI higher than NET at this time of year. At the end of Feb, I'll trust NET completely.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
What about ND?
I’d put Stanford over ND. ND just lost to NC and also lost at home to Maryland. I don’t think their body of work is as strong as Stanford’s overall. Stanford was clear cut #2 in my book before today.

Reaction Score
I agree with you on both accounts, especially with Berger back. I'm definitely looking forward to OSU/Indiana.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, I just submitted my BY Top 25, and I put Stanford at 6 for this loss, and didn't include LSU at all. LSU may turn out to be good, but to rank them now is just guessing that they'll show us something eventually.

Texas beat Iowa St too. Partly it was just a matter of being outplayed, but also this is who Iowa St is without Soares.

I weigh RPI higher than NET at this time of year. At the end of Feb, I'll trust NET completely.

I love the RPI at the current moment.
I’d put Stanford over ND. ND just lost to NC and also lost at home to Maryland. I don’t think their body of work is as strong as Stanford’s overall. Stanford was clear cut #2 in my book before today.

Yeah... I looked at both of their resumes again... you make a good point.

Reaction Score
Which OSU are we talking about above. Ohio State? Oklahoma State? Both have been good this year.

Reaction Score
Two threads already with one having a poll asking the same question you just did. Don’t think we need a third.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Thankfully was unable to watch this stinker, but I felt like a trap game was coming after the UCLA win. U$C is gritty, and our outside shooting and ball movement have both really fallen off lately. The team feels a little low energy and not playing with much urgency. We could use more guard strength at the 1 and 2, but we had more than enough talent to win this game. They were just much, much hungrier.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call, because hosting Utah and Colorado next weekend ain't gonna be a picnic...
Cross-posting my thoughts from the main forum. Thank goodness scores, and hopefully mojo, doesn't carry over from one game to the next, because felt like someone put a hex on our team...

Reaction Score
I don't understand this one at all. Southern Cal does not have the size to compete. Stanford, even with a bad shooting night, should just be able to go with a big lineup and feed the bigs for layups...ouch!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom