Stanford falls again! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stanford falls again!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know it's VERY hard to go undefeated, but I was wondering if the Trees were invincible. Obviously, they are not.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Cardoso is BIG and she is athletic for her size. She runs the floor like a gazelle for her size. I've never seen someone her size move with that much quickness. She hasn't really figured out how to utilize her quickness other than the fast break, but she's a Freshman.
Hey @blkkirk, Actually Cameron Brink is extremely athletic and will be an elite post once she’s gets her fouling under control. While I had been impressed with Cardoso in the Louisville game, there is more games I need to see of her for her overall game as you note and if Q can actual coach her (I guess there’s a first for everything!).

Reaction Score
Hey @blkkirk, Actually Cameron Brink is extremely athletic and will be an elite post once she’s gets her fouling under control. While I had been impressed with Cardoso in the Louisville game, there is more games I need to see of her for her overall game as you note and if Q can actual coach her (I guess there’s a first for everything!).
I was responding to the bigs we have coming in. I think they are big enough but are they athletic enough. I was impressed with Brink also. You can see she will be a good one once the game slows down just a little bit for her. I thought Belibi (sp) had an off night. Foul trouble really threw off Stanford. They are going to be a tough out in the years to come if they can replace their point guard.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They both could be final 4 along with Oregon now with Sedona Prince back. A lot of 6ft 7 players coming into women's college BB. I watched Syracuse vs Louisville and the Syracuse center was 6'7 and a freshmen and she was goooood. Ran the court extremely well. Women's college BB is getting bigger and bigger. We finally are recruiting some bigs but are they big enough.

Is the UCONN shooting this year good enough? Shooting counts too.

Reaction Score
All this says is the PAC-12 is the best conference, a tough place to play. Tara built her lead on Geno playing tough competition while Geno racked up—through no fault of his—easy wins against patsies. It is what it is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t think all postponed games will be made up. In fact, I think there are more postponements ahead.

isn’t Stanford basically playing every game away from home? That makes a toughened team come tournament time.

nevertheless, Geno will surpass her eventually
Whoever Coaches longer will be the eventual title holder. I can’t see either one of them establishing a big enough lead that it wouldn’t be wiped out would be in an extra season.

Reaction Score
All this says is the PAC-12 is the best conference, a tough place to play. Tara built her lead on Geno playing tough competition while Geno racked up—through no fault of his—easy wins against patsies. It is what it is.

And Geno racked up his 11 titles playing all those easy teams - including Stanford- yet any wins in NCAA for Stanford were because Stanford played the tougher competition. - Thanks.

OFC it's a piece of cake to recruit in CT vs Stanford, right?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This is not accurate. There were years when the PAC-12 was a bunch of patsies. Geno won a lot of games and national championships when the Big East was really tough. These things tend to even out over 20-30 year careers.

Reaction Score
I beg to differ with your assessment of the Pac-12 to conferences that Geno has competed in. The Pac-12 has only come into prominence of very recent. Remember, before the AAC, UConn was in the old BIG East, by far the best conference for quite a few years. The Pac-12 did not have tougher comp than the Big East...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom