OT: - St. John's swept by DePaul | The Boneyard

OT: St. John's swept by DePaul

Reaction Score
That is good for Dave Leitao. Calhouns assistants have not had much success at the higher D1 level, but I think Pikiell and Leitao are now showing they can build a strong program.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There's always one team that you are supposed to beat but for some unknown reason they have your number
Dave L has been able to keep some Chicago area kids home (like the Meyers did) but more importantly he and Bill Courtney have been able to use some of their old UVA ties to get kids from throughout the country.
Have themselves a couple of players from overseas that have helped them. I've watched several of their games this year - they are pretty much Jeckyll and Hyde but have been more consistent. They have suffered from the UConn WTF second half starts.
Happy for Coach L - nice guy

Reaction Score
One of our players we encourage locally was offered early by DePaul and they let it be known they could incentivize him.

LSU told him "Whatever he wanted, they'll give to him".

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The lynch mob is forming for Chris Mullin as we speak.

Reaction Score
I second the motion about Dave Leitao.
Great guy. Helped build our program from an 8/9 team in the BIG EAST to the top of the Mountain in his 15 years alongside JC. Now with the new arena, things are looking up. Congratulations Dave and thanks for your efforts building UCONN hoops.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I have no problem rooting for Leiato and hoping he does well. Can not root for Rutgers even a little bit though.

Reaction Score
They still get an at large right?
They need another win. With their weak OOC schedule, they can't afford to just collapse down the stretch. One more win should do it, but it's far from a sure thing. The mood at Redmen Talk is very dark right now.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
DePaul is crushing Georgetown right now. Akinjo looking good, but Georgetown’s defense is trash.

FS1 played the NBA on NBC at the halftime bump and at the start of the halftime show. If they bought that and are using it globally for BE coverage we have to get back in the Big East NOW.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom