St Johns Early Pre Game Pressers. 02/15 | The Boneyard

St Johns Early Pre Game Pressers. 02/15

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just finished listening. Lots of interesting stuff.

1) He loves Aaliyah
2) He is very very impressed with Paige's maturity and the ability to stay in any moment

The last comment on the ideo is most interesting to me.

When asked if he eer saw Paige different on the court, he first said no but then thought maybe she was not quite right at TN. He asked her "what was that all about" Her answer was She was really excited UConn vs TN. Thats a big deal.

Reaction Score
I really do try to decipher what Geno is trying to say. "It's really harder," means? What? He discounts the pandemic, and says that next season will also be hard. Have the players changed? Is the team not responding to the basic messages upon which Coach has always depended?
You do have to wonder exactly what team will show up from game to game. We know that one of this team's signatures is to start slowly. We know that inferior teams initially stay close to UConn until the Huskies eventually shake them off. We know from this presser that Geno wants Paige to play faster sooner. Now we know that she seems not to want to do this. It's been a long time since Buckets has been on the losing end of a final score. Maybe she just expects everything to work out in the end. Maybe she just knows that she can make up for whatever the shortcoming is on the score board. I've seen her do that more than once in high school and again right here. Thirteen points in a row against SC?
What do you see? I think we can agree that the games aren't as satisfying as they once were. What's going on?

Reaction Score
Some high praise for Autumn, then of course a couple of Geno-isims about her shooting every time she gets the ball. Closes with one of my legs weighs more than her. :D Geno is always a good listen.

Reaction Score
I totally believe that it is harder and will probably continue to get harder to coach and I think the biggest reason for that is that the kids have changed and he has a more difficult time finding kids with the qualities that he and CD have always looked for.

Every single time I see and hear Evina I am more impressed. What a great, mature, likable, and admirable young lady! I just cannot say enough about her maturity, leadership, her calm, nurturing, and generous personality! She is the perfect person to have on this team in these trying times! I’m ashamed to admit I was a little skeptical when she first came here from Tennessee but she has won my heart completely and I’m so glad she came!

Reaction Score
I love Geno!
My ever-more-acerbic wife (58 years of bliss coming up next week!), who's never inclined to cut me much slack, and who possesses what might be best described as an eye-rolling response to my passion for UConn WBB, observed me watching the Geno presser. In her inimitable fashion, she asked if the coach was filming yet another "before" segment of a commercial for anti-itch cream!
In my defense, yashoulda seen her when she was twenty-one!
Just asking...do you guys have wife problems too?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom