St. John Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

St. John Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
That shot that TM missed and was rebounded by AS was that a play drawn up by the coaches for a deliberate miss?
If that's the case brilliant. We ought to have this in playbook and do it more often.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That shot that TM missed and was rebounded by AS was that a play drawn up by the coaches for a deliberate miss?
If that's the case brilliant. We ought to have this in playbook and do it more often.
Donny said DH drew it up in order for TMart to get fouled and go to the line.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Donny said DH drew it up in order for TMart to get fouled and go to the line.

Exactly. And he was fouled, with no call. It was also drawn up with a rebounder on the opposite side and enough time left to get an offensive rebound and put back or foul, which obviously worked.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No way they draw up a miss 2 when down by 1 with less than 5 seconds on the clock. No guarantee that 1st shot gets off with enough time for a putback. If anyone on coaching staff says it was drawn up they need their head examined. Sanogo should have made that put back in any case

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No way they draw up a miss 2 when down by 1 with less than 5 seconds on the clock. No guarantee that 1st shot gets off with enough time for a putback. If anyone on coaching staff says it was drawn up they need their head examined. Sanogo should have made that put back in any case

Deliberate. No. That’s stupid. Shoot with enough time for an Offensive rebound while moving a guy with 16 rebounds into a spot to get one. Yes.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So I got to watch my first UConn game at floor level last night because August is the man.

Some random thoughts:

• You really need to watch a game at court level to appreciate how athletic these guys are. Across the board, for both teams. I was a middling JV/Varsity player in high school. I'd be scared sheetless out there vs. those guys. Everything is so quick, defense is so ridiculously tough. Makes you understand more how even a Top 50-100 recruit needs some time to adapt to the college game.

• Andre is slowly realizing that he doesn't have to make an amazing tricky pass when he pushes the pace. He can actually take it to the hole and score and/or get fouled. There were 2 times where he pushed pace after a rebound, and could have just took it coast-to-coast for a highlight jam, but tried a pass and made a turnover. But there were a couple times where he made the right decision and took it to the rack. Again, at court level, it's so obvious as an observer to see how freakishly athletic he is and how very few players can stop him on a break. Don't know why he doesn't think so, but I think the light is turning on. I think AJ in 4-6 games is gonna be there.

• Also related to AJ...his handle is much better than expected watching up close. Thought Posh was gonna eat him up but nope.

• Champagne is soooo silky smooth. Gonna be a impact NBA player. We played really good D on him all night but he is just that good. He's gonna get his points vs. even elite college defense.

• I thought we did a great job on Posh.

• JFC our blocking game is top-notch. It's reason #1 why I have no issue with our hard-hedging. If/when someone gets into the paint, there's very few easy baskets.

• Seeing the hard-hedge in real-time at court level...unless you're an elite ballhandler/passer, you're going to at least partially soil yourself when you find yourself in it.

Now that you've seen cbb courtside go to an NBA courtside then come back here and read people tell you that they play better defense in CBB than in the NBA and you too can rip your hair out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom