Squatters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Squatters

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I bought a house for my mother ten years ago. She died two months later, and my sister has live in the house rent free until June of this year.

Another relative is staying at the house and has made no rent payments, and has no job. He keeps telling me he's starting work on Monday. I don't think he's even looking.

With covid renter protections, and basically screwed until the protections are lifted?

Worth noting, I have no signed lease or renters agreement.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not a lawyer. Get a lawyer, but this is from PA. Doesn't sound like the qualify as squatters since the moved in at your invitation. The At-will/end of lease section would seem to apply. PA moratorium was extended to Oct 3rd in certain counties.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Is shutting off the utilities illegal?

I assume that would he considered retaliation, but my frame of reference is the film Pacific Heights. Don't watch it unless you enjoy frustration and aggravation.

Reaction Score
disaster-girl-burning-house.gif

Reaction Score
Never pd a dime in rent. Trashed the house. Got him out by paying his mother $5k to nag him daily.

House sold yesterday, same day it went on the market. Nightmare over.
Glad to hear your nightmare is over. Unfortunately there are a lot of freeloaders in this world and people with zero work ethic.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Never pd a dime in rent. Trashed the house. Got him out by paying his mother $5k to nag him daily.

House sold yesterday, same day it went on the market. Nightmare over.
noice. time to grow ur hair out, put it in braids, beads optional, buy a few hawaiian shirts, head to key west, and kick back. i hope that u like fish. and cigars.
I-love-it-when-a-plan-comes-together.png

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I bought a house for my mother ten years ago. She died two months later, and my sister has live in the house rent free until June of this year.

Another relative is staying at the house and has made no rent payments, and has no job. He keeps telling me he's starting work on Monday. I don't think he's even looking.

With covid renter protections, and basically screwed until the protections are lifted?

Worth noting, I have no signed lease or renters agreement.
Several lifetimes ago, it seems, I worked for a trade association in a very heavily regulated industry.

I wrote a tongue in cheek article about getting back at someone by gifting him your business, and letting the myriad of government agencies work their magic, on your behalf.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom