Springs Scores | The Boneyard

Springs Scores

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let’s hope he is good. We need him to be next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why? Our frontcourt is absolutely loaded next season. If Whalley comes back he might never see the floor.

:rolleyes: And if he doesn’t? No Josh, no Whaley. Is Akok healthy? We are anything but loaded. We have 4 guys who are 4-5s on next year’s team and one is Springs. That is very thin.

Reaction Score
Why? Our frontcourt is absolutely loaded next season. If Whalley comes back he might never see the floor.

Yeah...not sure where you’re getting this. There’s a very realistic scenario where he is the primary big off the bench, both spots...with the projected starting 4 being a huge question mark.

Reaction Score
For front court next year we have (so far:

Sanogo (5)
Springs (4)
Samson (5)
Akok (4)

Could have Polley, Whaley, carlton returning

Could add AJ Brahmah as a transfer, plays the 4

Also could see Martin at the 4 with a smaller lineup.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Polley, Whaley, and Carlton all come back and win a title (or second title).

All 3 have improved each season they have been here and there is no reason to think they wouldn't improve just a little bit more and lead us to a 30 plus win season.

Make it happen Danny!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't understand why people are worried about having 4 bigs for next year. We only play 3 this season.
It’s not just the number, it’s who the bigs are. We really don’t know what we have for next season with Akok or Springs and despite how well Sanogo has acclimated himself, the transition to college for freshman bigs is generally very tough. I think there’s a pretty good chance we get decent production out of the group but we are not overflowing with proven depth.

Reaction Score
It’s not just the number, it’s who the bigs are. We really don’t know what we have for next season with Akok or Springs and despite how well Sanogo has acclimated himself, the transition to college for freshman bigs is generally very tough. I think there’s a pretty good chance we get decent production out of the group but we are not overflowing with proven depth.
We do though, Akok is a stud. Hurley and staff have been working with Springs a long time. Sanogo is going to be the best big in the league.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
We do though, Akok is a stud. Hurley and staff have been working with Springs a long time. Sanogo is going to be the best big in the league.
Don’t forget about Johnson who will get minutes day 1. He’s an absolute freak.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Lets pull it back a bit.

Spring's not really going to make his move for a week or two...

fun days GIF

Reaction Score
I agree that we should recruit a back up to Sanogo. There is not a center among our returning big guys or recruits. Javonte Brown Ferguson was supposed to be that guy.

Reaction Score
If we are talking about the 4 and 5, where is this loaded frontcourt you see for next year? If the seniors are gone, you have Sanogo pretty much on his own. Akok is questionable, Johnson a freshman and Springs devoid of game experience. It is critical that Whaley, or even Carlton, returns. And if Whaley returns, he is absolutely our starting 4 and backup 5. He is likely to see more of the floor than anyone but Cole. My opinion.

Reaction Score
FWIW it was a nice assist from Brendan Adams, too.

it can’t be understated that BA had a drive into the lane with less than a minute left in what’s likely his final game at UConn...could have (should have?) shot it, but decided to dish to a wide-open redshirt freshman teammate.

Love Brendan and love this whole damn team!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom