OT: - Sports Memorabilia | The Boneyard

OT: Sports Memorabilia

Reaction Score
I don't have much in terms of a collection, but I have a Team USA signed basketball from the 2019 world cup.

Do you have any cool bits of memorabilia? Do you collect cards? Anything else you'd like to share?

This is a very cool website with some really cool items:

Reaction Score
I don't have much in terms of a collection, but I have a Team USA signed basketball from the 2019 world cup.

Do you have any cool bits of memorabilia? Do you collect cards? Anything else you'd like to share?

This is a very cool website with some really cool items:
That's basically Fanatics. Same stuff, different URL. Same with Steiner.

Reaction Score
I deal in that type of stuff for a living. I have a pretty decent collection of stuff. Here's something that I think I've shared here once before but it's cool enough to share again. I'm going to guess that it dates back into the 1940s.
PXL_20210203_022041825.jpg

Reaction Score
I deal in that type of stuff for a living. I have a pretty decent collection of stuff. Here's something that I think I've shared here once before but it's cool enough to share again. I'm going to guess that it dates back into the 1940s. View attachment 64189
Have you beat! Early 1900s UConn pennant when they were the Ag school
I deal in that type of stuff for a living. I have a pretty decent collection of stuff. Here's something that I think I've shared here once before but it's cool enough to share again. I'm going to guess that it dates back into the 1940s. View attachment 64189

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I have 3 Michael Jordan rookie cards.
One of them goes in the complete set. I also have a complete set of the stickers.
All of these too and tons of extras from the whole 86/87 set.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
back in hs times, we had a fam/friends trip to Yankee Stadium, a regular event. apparently, it was a promo day where all the drinks were served in Yankee logo cups. i noticed and made my plans.
games over, and everyone headed out, except me. someone yells 'hey! we're leaving! whatchu doing?' as i was scurrying around, collecting all manner of superduper, never to decay, plastic cups, many still with stuff that i dumped out. my posse sped up their distance from me.
later in the car, someone sez 'u stink like beer.'
even later, i had to tell those with covetous words and glances, 'no, you can't have one.'
like i said, 'indestructible plastic,' dozens of them, all these years later. score! we only break them out for fine china events, like the playoffs.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I have a ton of Pirates stuff - baseballs, bobble heads, etc. that I have on a shelf in the corner that my wife allows me to have for all my junk.

We’re in the process of house hunting so a lot of my UConn pictures/memorabilia is stored at the moment but I usually have a wall that has Kemba, Shabazz, and Calhoun signed photos along with a piece of the floor from the ‘11 Final Four that JC signed. In non-UConn photos that stand out, I’ve got a huge picture of Dave Parker when he wore the football mask on his batting helmet that is signed with “Cobra” inscribed that I absolutely love. Also have a really cool blown up print from 2013 when Pirates closer Jason Grilli was on the cover of SI that he signed.

36b6e013-27a4-4672-bae0-00d79de94ba7-jpeg.64216

Attachments

• 36B6E013-27A4-4672-BAE0-00D79DE94BA7.jpeg
    36B6E013-27A4-4672-BAE0-00D79DE94BA7.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 419

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I got one. And I just learned it last night when I dove into a posters handle “ ratso”. When I saw the handle I said “ I know that dude he wrote a book about Dylan’s rolling thunder tour. He also wrote a book called “ thin ice , a season in hell with the new york rangers” I now see it on eBay I can get 140 bucks for it. Who knew a 1.99 paperback I purchased when I was 13 would show that kind of profit? Better than Bitcoin.

Thanks @Ratso. !!!

Reaction Score
I got one. And I just learned it last night when I dove into a posters handle “ ratso”. When I saw the handle I said “ I know that dude he wrote a book about Dylan’s rolling thunder tour. He also wrote a book called “ thin ice , a season in hell with the new york rangers” I now see it on eBay I can get 140 bucks for it. Who knew a 1.99 paperback I purchased when I was 13 would show that kind of profit? Better than Bitcoin.

Thanks @Ratso. !!!

Always thought it was in reference to Rizzo.

Can @Ratso clarify?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Pretty spotty collection, with lots lost over the years, but some things I like:

Toby Kimball autograph from after a Field House game.

Tony Lema and Jack Nicklaus autographs on the same piece of paper, from after a round with them paired together at the ICO.

Jackie Robinson autograph that my parents got for me, and meant nothing at the time.

Autographed '64 or' 65 Red Sox baseball with much of the team, including personalization to me from my favorite Dick "Moose" Radatz, and also Tony C. No Yaz. Came from AZ spring training breakfast that my dad was invited to join by a grateful umpire who my father had treated for a rash the night before, during a trip where he was presenting a pharma-sponsored research paper at a medical meeting.

Can't locate the Yogi Berra autograph that I once paired with a photo of him with his arm around my mom. Two middle-aged people in sports clothes near a hotel pool in Florida. Probably I had plans to frame them together and they got misplaced.

Snapshot of a grumpy Willie Mays looking down at my two-month old daughter in her stroller, while he was in town playing golf at a charity tournament.

Reaction Score
Pretty spotty collection, with lots lost over the years, but some things I like:

Toby Kimball autograph from after a Field House game.

Tony Lema and Jack Nicklaus autographs on the same piece of paper, from after a round with them paired together at the ICO.

Jackie Robinson autograph that my parents got for me, and meant nothing at the time.

Autographed '64 or' 65 Red Sox baseball with much of the team, including personalization to me from my favorite Dick "Moose" Radatz, and also Tony C. No Yaz. Came from AZ spring training breakfast that my dad was invited to join by a grateful umpire who my father had treated for a rash the night before, during a trip where he was presenting a pharma-sponsored research paper at a medical meeting.

Can't locate the Yogi Berra autograph that I once paired with a photo of him with his arm around my mom. Two middle-aged people in sports clothes near a hotel pool in Florida. Probably I had plans to frame them together and they got misplaced.

Snapshot of a grumpy Willie Mays looking down at my two-month old daughter in her stroller, while he was in town playing golf at a charity tournament.
That is awesome.

Reaction Score
My UCONN stuff consists of a square of the 1999 Championship floor a Stef Dolson autographed mini-ball, and a poster signed by last year's Women's team as well as the UCONN members of Team USA. My daughter got to meet them all after the game last January.

I also have a couple autographed photos of the '90s Cowboys "Triplets" and a NY Islanders jersey signed by several members of the 1983 Stanley Cup Champs.

Lastly, a Roger Clemens autographed baseball that I put in my sock drawer when he signed with the Jays.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I have the framed sports Illustrated covers from all 4 titles.

But I think the thing I love the most is that I have the team posters (the schedule posters you get at the games) from all 4 titles. The 2004, 11 and 14 team posters are the orignials produced during those seasons. The 1999 one is the Jim Calhoun signed team poster they offered for like $99 a few years back. That one is hanging above my "bar".

Have a pair of UConn Jordans I bought from Nike.

Some PSA 10 Kemba cards and a few really cool Okafor cards, including a PSA 10 black chrome refractor rookie & a couple of cool jersey insert cards I need to send out to get graded.

Have a PSA 7 Walt Dropo Rookie Card from 1950.

Also have a 1990 BET Championship poster an ex-girlfriend's grandmother gave me. It's hidden in my partent's basement somewhere. The poster, not the ex...

That's all I have. I know my dad and brother have a few cool things (signed balls & posters).

Reaction Score
I have the framed sports Illustrated covers from all 4 titles.

But I think the thing I love the most is that I have the team posters (the schedule posters you get at the games) from all 4 titles. The 2004, 11 and 14 team posters are the orignials produced during those seasons. The 1999 one is the Jim Calhoun signed team poster they offered for like $99 a few years back. That one is hanging above my "bar".

Have a pair of UConn Jordans I bought from Nike.

Some PSA 10 Kemba cards and a few really cool Okafor cards, including a PSA 10 black chrome refractor rookie & a couple of cool jersey insert cards I need to send out to get graded.

Have a PSA 7 Walt Dropo Rookie Card from 1950.

Also have a 1990 BET Championship poster an ex-girlfriend's grandmother gave me. It's hidden in my partent's basement somewhere. The poster, not the ex...

That's all I have. I know my dad and brother have a few cool things (signed balls & posters).
That's really cool, I'm jealous about the Sports Illustrated covers. In 2014, I got mine and was very excited to frame it and put it up somewhere cool. I put it in my nightstand drawer before I could do anything with it and never saw it again. Not sure if someone went through my drawer and trashed it or what, I was and still am pretty bummed. Loved that cover.

Reaction Score
That's really cool, I'm jealous about the Sports Illustrated covers. In 2014, I got mine and was very excited to frame it and put it up somewhere cool. I put it in my nightstand drawer before I could do anything with it and never saw it again. Not sure if someone went through my drawer and trashed it or what, I was and still am pretty bummed. Loved that cover.
I have a framed piece/snippet from one of the ‘99 National Championship nets.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Someone got them for me as a gift. Not sure where, maybe from sports illustrated, but they came as a set! They aren’t the original issues, although I have those too.

Reaction Score
I have 3 Michael Jordan rookie cards.
One of them goes in the complete set. I also have a complete set of the stickers.
All of these too and tons of extras from the whole 86/87 set.
Are they graded? Sounds like a 100k set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom