Southern @ #13 Mississippi St - 12/18/20 | The Boneyard

Southern @ #13 Mississippi St - 12/18/20

Who will win this game?

• Southern

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
44-27 MSU at halftime. Terrible first quarter by MSU. Way too many attempts at one on one and no flow. However they finally settled in the second quarter with M Taylor and J Mingo-Young taking charge on both ends. For the first time I remember this season Coach McCray-Penson played a lineup of J Carter at post with four true guards. Great results with it.

Reaction Score
79-55 MSU final. J Carter 17 and 11 rebounds. Overall decent performance but the team is still working their way through the new offense and defense.

Defense still is the main item for improvement as players are not completely consistent on assignments, don’t get good block out position, and are letting opponents square their feet on shots. Even last season we didn’t seem to have a consistent killer instinct on defense, especially in the post and forwards. We have got to get better in that area. Part of the issue I think is that J Carter and S Cooks aren’t back to the basket players or particularly mean. In contrast Y Morris seems to be the closest thing we have to filling both those needs. P Taylor, L Ebo (the Penn State transfer that followed the old staff to Texas), and O Owens (who went Kentucky) would have all helped in that area.
However I’m very happy to see such a complete set of starting guards like M Taylor and J Mingo-Young. They really need to take an even bigger role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom