OT: - Soundtracks | The Boneyard

OT: Soundtracks

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Not sure if this belongs here, so mods please move if need be. I enjoy the various music threads, and learn a lot from all of you. I was thinking about soundtracks that are outstanding or unusual. Lately I have seen two series on TV that qualify. Bosch is an excellent detective show on Amazon Prime that features a jazz themed soundtrack that covers both old and new pieces. Some excellent choices by artists you will know, and some you may not know yet. And Killing Eve is a strange show from BBC America about a female assassin and a British group of clandestine operators who are tracking said killer. The show is wild, the acting great, thrills and laughs abound. But the music is eclectic, new and old, English and foreign language stuff in a variety of genres. Very different , but I find it riveting. The latter show is available on Hulu, BBC, and AMC. No UConn WBB , so plenty of time to binge between softball weekends. Hope some of you enjoy it!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Not really what you are going for (with series sound tracks) but I personally find the Les Miserable sound track to be one of the few I find enjoyable from beginning to end. Lots of other shows, there are memorable songs that I really enjoy (think Phantom of the Opera, for example) but it is only a couple of songs. Les Mis, end to end. Like them all.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I give one my recent favorites:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
And Killing Eve is a strange show from BBC America about a female assassin

I loved the first half of the first season. I thought it started going downhill after that. I'm still watching it though. I'm in it for Villanelle, I could do without the rest of the characters. I'm pretty much done w/ Eve at this point. Well I do still like Konstantin. If they got rid of all the British people and just had the 2 Russians travelling around and getting up to all kinds of hijinx (and a bit of murder) it would be much more enjoyable IMO.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I loved the first half of the first season. I thought it started going downhill after that. I'm still watching it though. I'm in it for Villanelle, I could do without the rest of the characters. I'm pretty much done w/ Eve at this point. Well I do still like Konstantin. If they got rid of all the British people and just had the 2 Russians travelling around and getting up to all kinds of hijinx (and a bit of murder) it would be much more enjoyable IMO.
You are one of the BY music gurus! No thoughts on the soundtrack from Killing Eve? BTW, Villanelle is just the best thing going. :) Jody Comer is masterful as the off-kilter killer.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You are one of the BY music gurus! No thoughts on the soundtrack from Killing Eve?

Shoot, I guess it doesn't really jump out at me.

BTW, Villanelle is just the best thing going. :) Jody Comer is masterful as the off-kilter killer.

She was really good in the limited series "Thirteen" several years ago. I'd like to see more of her, maybe on the big screen eventually.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One that's always stuck out to me is McCabe and Mrs Miller. I loved the movie, and loved the soundtrack by Leonard Cohen:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Another movie that I love the music from is Barry Lyndon. Much of it is by the Chieftains, including this lovely version of Women of Ireland.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
"10 Things I Hate About You" I think was the high school movie for its era. Lots of good songs, including several appearances in the film by the band Letters to Cleo. It was the first I had heard of them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I might be veering away from the OP slightly. I'm mostly thinking of songs that were actually part of the movie itself, not just featured on a soundtrack.

I love this film. Mark Ruffalo and Keira Knightley were great and plenty of good supporting roles. I don't think Hailee Steinfeld was very well known at this point.

Headphone Splitter Scene

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The soundtrack is kind of hit and miss but this one is a gem. You'd be amazed if you look at the cast list for this, seems like everybody is in it.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
A few of us may be old enough to remember the film and song, by Bridgeport-born Robert Mitchum. He co-wrote it, wrote the screenplay, and acted in the flick.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There are movies with fake bands that are better than plenty of real bands. This was a great movie and plenty of good music.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom