Sound bar | The Boneyard

Sound bar

Reaction Score
I’m looking for a sound bar to upgrade my TV speakers. Currently have a Sony 4k TV. Any recommendations for a mid priced option?

Reaction Score
I've had the Bose Sound Bar for about 4 years and I love every second of it. Just saw the Lord of the Rings Trilogy with it for the third time and the Hobbit Trilogy for the second time. It brings a whole added dimension to watching TV.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Vizio makes some decent low to mid priced options, as does TCL. I have a TCL Alto 7, which is fairly inexpensive now that they have other models and have been satisfied. The bass leaves a little to be desired which is the only negative I have for it. It will really come down to your room size and setup as to which will fill the space.

Reaction Score
I switched from a 150$ Vizio to an 900$ thing my friend gave me when he moved overseas. Side-by-side you can tell the difference, but unless you're an audiophile I doubt it makes a lick of difference. I'm not even sure most streaming services offer a high enough quality sound to take advantage of the more expensive options.

Reaction Score
I switched from a 150$ Vizio to an 900$ thing my friend gave me when he moved overseas. Side-by-side you can tell the difference, but unless you're an audiophile I doubt it makes a lick of difference. I'm not even sure most streaming services offer a high enough quality sound to take advantage of the more expensive options.
It’s really hard in that form factor to make a huge difference. Any of them will be a huge step up from TV speakers but the difference between mid tier and high end sound bars is just not worth it.

Reaction Score
I ditched the whole 5.1 surround system when we moved into our house and grabbed a $200 Samsung sound bar with a wireless subwoofer. I compared all of the ones that they had hooked up from $150 up to $500 and honestly, the more expensive JBL and whatever ones they had weren’t $300 better sounding than the Samsung I went with. HOWEVER, I was watching the St. John’s game at MSG on my iPad with my 3rd gen AirPods with spatial audio/ATMOS…..this is a whole new listening experience. It sounds like you have a high end surround system in your room. I had to double check to make sure that the sound was indeed coming from the AirPods. Even listening to music is amazing….the sound for music is closer to that of my high end Sennheiser over ear headphones. I don’t know how spatial audio/ATMOS would translate to a soundbar, but I am intrigued and would consider upgrading if the difference is dramatically better.

Reaction Score
I have a Sony TV and also got Sony sound bar. The perk is the TV remote will turn on and off the sound bar as you turn on/off the TV, and same for volume control. You dont have the extra step of finding the sound bar remote. The Sony HT-S400 is a solid 2.1 soundbar with a wireless subwoofer, on sale for $200 right now.

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
You'll still have to put the subtitles on sometimes to catch all the dialogue. :)

Reaction Score
We have 7 TCL Roku TVs in the house, last year I got the mid-range TCL Soundbar for the man cave and I’ve been very pleased with the performance and ease of use.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We have 7 TCL Roku TVs in the house, last year I got the mid-range TCL Soundbar for the man cave and I’ve been very pleased with the performance and ease of use.
I hot that one and I haven't liked it very much. But mine isn't the bluetooth one.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I bought one as a way to use Roku on a older, dumb TV. We still use it for our newer smart TV. One on my most satisfying purchases.

Reaction Score
I have Sonos and love it
I have the Sonos beam on one tv and the older/bigger more expensive sonos sound bar on the other tv. Work fine…but I didn’t compare to other soundbars. I like that they tie in with all other sonos products. If u have sonos stuff already prob a good purchase. I see they also now have a 900 one with atmos! Depends on your budges

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For under $350, I find Klipsch to be the best

Reaction Score
I have the Sonos Arc soundbar. I am not a particularly picky person when it comes to sound but the guy who installed our TV and entertainment system said he likes the Sonos soundbars the best. Seems to be great. And hey, it's on sale this week! $629 from a regular price of $899. Still $899 at Best Buy.

Reaction Score
I do some installing for Best Buy magnolia ( the stupid high end stuff but on a slow day I’ll take a few entry level sound bars jobs and the prevailing attitude is Samsung - good low priced , Sony - mid high priced , Bose extremely overpriced but popular based on reputation alone. And by all means get one with a subwoofer and always buy the extended warranty ( if you saw what was in these things you’d be shocked and not in a good way ). Go to a Best Buy and listen to some and then go hone and comparative shop on the internet. Happy shopping

Reaction Score
Sonos bar and then Move speakers are great, just pick them up and set them down anywhere- recharge on their base. Sonos has radio stations on their app which links to Amazon Alexa and others too. This stuff isn’t cheap but how many times do you buy it?

Reaction Score
I have the Sonos Arc soundbar. I am not a particularly picky person when it comes to sound but the guy who installed our TV and entertainment system said he likes the Sonos soundbars the best. Seems to be great. And hey, it's on sale this week! $629 from a regular price of $899. Still $899 at Best Buy.
I wonder if we have the same A/V guy...ours said the same about Sonos. We are doing a kitchen/LR reno right down to the studs so they were able to wire easily before sheet rocking. Also doing the in-ceiling speakers in the back of the room...should be a solid set-up in tandem with the Arc when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
I had a Sonos....switched to a Samsung-Harmon Kardon Q80R with bass....5.1.2 channel...top firing speakers bounce off my cathedral celing and get great sound. Dolby Atmos and DT-X...pairs well with Samsung QLED TV.

Reaction Score
I want a sound bar, but I'm not a big audio guy that needs high line brands. I just want a little more volume with a decent base. I saw a few Bluetooth 2.1 bars in Amazon for less than $100 bucks with good reviews and thousands of purchases.

I'm just curious what some of the audio snobs think as I value their opinions on this board

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I want a sound bar, but I'm not a big audio guy that needs high line brands. I just want a little more volume with a decent base. I saw a few Bluetooth 2.1 bars in Amazon for less than $100 bucks with good reviews and thousands of purchases.

I'm just curious what some of the audio snobs think as I value their opinions on this board
My concern would be pairing properly and ease of use with any unknown brand. You can get a Polk Audio soundbar with subwoofer for $170. Or a Sony for $98. So why take a chance? The TCL Alto is $89.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom