Sonoma or Napa? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sonoma or Napa?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I must have missed the three-day parameter criteria--in which case-- I totally agree with you. My bad on that
But I appreciate the info, I just made a reservation in Paso Robles.

Reaction Score
If interested in a restaurant selection in downtown Paso.. Might want to check out BL Brasserie (formerly Bistro Laurent).. Great chef and excellent selection of local and French wines(wine list and food has been recognized frequently by Wine Spectator).. One of the top restaurants in town and frequented by local vintners as one of their "go-to" places.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Was lucky enough to do Sonoma and Napa with my family back when I was 21. Didn't really like wine much back then and like it less now but getting buzzed several days in a row with my brothers and dad was pretty awesome. It was made more awesome that my brother is friend's with the son of the guy who owns Michel-Schlumberger in Healdsburg so we got a private tour and all the wine we wanted. Went to a bunch of places in Sonoma and Napa, the only other names I remember are Coppola and Williams Selyem. Calistoga is a really cool town and Sausalito and Tiburon are really nice.
Calistoga is not as cool now. The 2017 and 2020 fires resulted in a lot of businesses leaving town, so a fair amount of empty storefronts. Love the wine from the AVAs, Chateau Montelena and technically wineries from Brasswood on up are Calistoga, maybe even Serling. but Larkmead, Frank Family, Davis estates, AXR and Brasswood are all terrific wineries.

Reaction Score
Might want to check out BL Brasserie (formerly Bistro Laurent).. Great chef and excellent selection of local and French wines(wine list and food has been recognized frequently by Wine Spectator)
My buddy is good friends with Laurent. Laurent is the nicest guy and one heck of a chef

Reaction Score
BTW.. Would recommend hitting the wine tasting bars early in your trip before choosing the vineyards you're going to visit.. Obviously the folks pouring the wines at those bars are excellent resources for where you should go.For a great time and a fun vibe.. Check out Tobin James..

Reaction Score
If it’s paso then town square is great, tin city is fun too.
So many amazing wineries in the west side. Tobin James is the party spot on the east side

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom