Songs Of Love | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Songs Of Love

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lzzy Hale is a rock singer for sure, love her voice. Thanks for puttin' that up.
I almost posted Halestorm's 'Love Bites', but thought it might be a bit too 'abrasive' for this thread.
You are welcome.
Yup, I agree with you about "Love Bites (And So Do I)". :eek::)

Last edited:

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
This beautiful folk-metal song takes place after a king’s army has conquered a neighboring kingdom. The neighboring king had died recently, and this is what takes place then his daughter meets the conqueror.

Thanks Bb - that really is beautiful. I was able to learn a bit about the band but not the origin of this specific song. Do you happen to know? Part of an album, sound track from a movie?

Reaction Score
This is one of the most beautiful renditions of this folk classic. I can't stop listening to it. What a clear passionate voice Sissel has. RIP Paddy Moloney.

Wow, absolutely fabulous!!
I actually first came to the Boneyard because I ran into an old friend I played in a band with a long time ago and had lost contact with; anyway we fell right into old ways, a conversation alternating between basketball and music. When I mentioned I enjoyed watching Uconn WBB he told me to check out this site if for nothing else, these music threads. And getting turned on to songs and artists like this is really why I stayed.
Anyway, I loved the tune, Paddy Moloney and The Chieftains I know well but I sure have a new singer to check out. Thank you so much for posting this.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks Bb - that really is beautiful. I was able to learn a bit about the band but not the origin of this specific song. Do you happen to know? Part of an album, sound track from a movie?
The song is on the album "Last ride." If you search on YT for "Evenmore last ride full album" it should come up. The album is the story of a Viking king becoming restless, attacking a neighboring kingdom, falling in love with the monarch of that kingdom, and suffering the consequences. I love it from front to back, and not just because they have a whistle player. ;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Wow, absolutely fabulous!!
I actually first came to the Boneyard because I ran into an old friend I played in a band with a long time ago and had lost contact with; anyway we fell right into old ways, a conversation alternating between basketball and music. When I mentioned I enjoyed watching Uconn WBB he told me to check out this site if for nothing else, these music threads. And getting turned on to songs and artists like this is really why I stayed.
Anyway, I loved the tune, Paddy Moloney and The Chieftains I know well but I sure have a new singer to check out. Thank you so much for posting this.
You might also want to check out Connie Dover's version. She's from Missouri, does a lot of traditional American and British Isles music. A lot of her instrumentation is from Phil Cunningham, erstwhile of Silly Wizard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom