Songs About Time | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Songs About Time

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This band is from Vancouver, BC. I used to see them live all the time back in the day in Seattle. A song of theirs called "Waste Some Time" popped into my head, but I can't find it on youtube. This one works fine instead. They've completely changed their lineup several times, the lead singer is the only one left. This is their classic lineup from back when I was seeing them. I had a big crush on the fiddle player with long curly blond hair--Shona Le Mottee.

I understand the crush thing, as she is fine to hear and to see. I saw her play with Tim Readman on a program called Urban Rush. The late , great philosopher Cass Elliot had this to say about those crushes: "Unrequited love's a bore, and I've got it pretty bad. But for someone you adore, it's a pleasure to be sad."

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Ooh, this is a true American classic written by Stephen Foster that has been recorded by just about everybody over the years!

This is from the early nineties I believe her voice was still so beautiful then. I saw her recently and the years are taking their toll just as they do to all of us! Just more of a shame with her!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is from the early nineties I believe her voice was still so beautiful then. I saw her recently and the years are taking their toll just as they do to all of us! Just more of a shame with her!

That's too bad. I saw her once, maybe late 90s? Her band at the time was Buddy Miller and some others I don't remember. It was not my favorite era for her. Would've LOVED to see her w/ the Nash Ramblers or the Hot Band, but I was too late to the party.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
These guys were way underappreciated. Too country for country radio.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Didn't know the origin of the band name, just looked it up. They were fans of Earl Scruggs, Steve Earle and Uncle Tupelo. Presto.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

I can't believe I'm not the one who posted that. I've said many times to anyone who would listen (which isn't many) that the second side of A Hard Day's Night, which was put together in less than a week, from beginning to write to final mixing, is the best side of music ever.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm not the one who posted that. I've said many times to anyone who would listen (which isn't many) that the second side of A Hard Day's Night, which was put together in less than a week, from beginning to write to final mixing, is the best side of music ever.
Hard Days Night was indeed a fantastic work of art. Interestingly, I read today that the Sgt Pepper album was voted as best album ever in a recent poll of the British public. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom