Songs About Frustration, Disappointment, and the Blues | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Songs About Frustration, Disappointment, and the Blues

Reaction Score

Big fan of talking blues and Dan Bern. Anyway, a wee bit of humor on this last day of a year largely lacking it.
One aside, according to Dave Chappelle, who was friends with Prince, he changed his artistic name to The Artist Formerly Known As Prince because music contracts never included the persons name but always referred to them simply as ’the artist”.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This one is preternaturally appropriate for this time and these kids. It’s also one of the most achingly beautiful songs ever written.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Somewhere skies are filled with brighter days ...
These are strange, strange days

Reaction Score

Credit and thanks to Bigboote for posting the beautifully haunting tune above by Richard and Mimi Farina. The montage of folk artists in the video reminded me of Hamilton Camp, best known as an actor and voice over artist, but a fine musician and singer also. Always loved his version of the Dylan classic.

Reaction Score

Cooking version of the Johnny Burnette tune by a relatively unknown but great power trio, The Pirates. Mick Green was a fantastic guitarist and played with McCartney and Van Morrison, to drop a couple of names.

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
How about a couple from Rascal Flatts?

One for the short-handed crew that’s been left holding the fort until the cavalry arrives:

'Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, 'til you break
'Cause it's all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off
Then you stand,
Then you stand

HHH

Hartford Hall Husky
Reaction Score
And then one for the whole team once they’ve all been reunited:

God bless the broken road
That led us straight to the National Championship

Or something like that…. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
How about the entire Nebraska album by Bruce Springsteen. A former student of mine once said, “I love the Nebraska album, except it makes me wanna go home and shoot myself.“ (Thankfully hyperbole)

Johnny 99

Then again you could choose so many songs from his catalog including most of the songs from the river: stolen car, wreck on the highway, and the river. And of course the rising album which was written in response to 9/11 and you look at a song like, “You’re Missing.” In context, extremely sad.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom