Some Connecticut high school athletic directors propose plan to allow coaches to instruct students during the offseason... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some Connecticut high school athletic directors propose plan to allow coaches to instruct students during the offseason...

Reaction Score
Only in your obtuse world can someone equate film study to a school’s academic rankings in the state.

You keep naming and cherrypicking high end towns/schools regarding family economics - one can go to the opposite end of the spectrum in the “SCC boundaries” and note Hillhouse, Wilbur Cross, West Haven and Hamden.

There is more to the State’s athletic profile than the FCIAC.
I cherry picked the SCC and CCC former perennial state powers to make a point, those recently (last couple of years) that have not been as high in the state poll as in former years. You should get off your high horse and admit that every writer and HS school football fan in the state has noticed how the CCC and especially the SCC have fallen off a cliff the last two or three years, and it has nothing to do with disadvantaged athletes. If it did it would be national news. If you want disadvantaged athletes look at Ansonia and Shelton who continue with strong programs every year. Hill House, Wilbur Cross, and Hamden (schools that you cherry picked) have not had decent football programs on a consistent basis in many, many years. If you want to look at disadvantaged athletes look at those from Bloomfield, Shelton and Ansonia, which doesn't help your idiotic argument since they continue to win and produce star athletes every year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glastonbury and Simsbury aren't affluent? Both have median family incomes higher than West Hartford and Farmington, and not far behind Avon.

:confused::confused:

Thanks, but I think I mentioned that already.

Your argument is pure BS. Amity HS in Orange and Woodbridge, Glastonbury High, and Simsbury High are actually ranked higher academically than many FCIAC schools. The area in between Hartford and New Haven is for the most part a high income area with excellent school systems and is right smack dab in the middle of SCC land. Your argument that Amity, Glastonbury, and Simsbury football teams are sub par because they are not from affluent areas and don't have the resources to field good football teams compared to FCIAC schools is ludicrous. By the same token, Weston High in Weston Connecticut is the 2nd ranked school in the state, the town of Weston is also one of the most affluent in the state per capita, and is in Fairfield County between Westport and New Canaan, yet had not had a good football team in 40 years. Xavier High was once a top football power in the state and economically is an excellent school and draws it's students from all over the state.
Look at Ansonia, those kids parents are not exactly millionaires, yet they find a way to win championships every single year. Your argument that SCC and CCC football has fallen on hard times because of disadvantaged economics is baloney.

Reaction Score
I cherry picked the SCC and CCC former perennial state powers to make a point, those recently (last couple of years) that have not been as high in the state poll as in former years. You should get off your high horse and admit that every writer and HS school football fan in the state has noticed how the CCC and especially the SCC have fallen off a cliff the last two or three years, and it has nothing to do with disadvantaged athletes. If it did it would be national news. If you want disadvantaged athletes look at Ansonia and Shelton who continue with strong programs every year. Hill House, Wilbur Cross, and Hamden (schools that you cherry picked) have not had decent football programs on a consistent basis in many years. If you want to look at disadvantaged athletes look at those from Bloomfield, Shelton and Ansonia, which doesn't help your idiotic argument since they continue to win and produce star athletes every year.

What is my idiotic argument?

I didn't write the proposal - I just pointed out what one of the points of the SCC (and others) discussion points were.

>>With no chance to work with coaches in the summer and off season, many players have turned to AAU programs and for-profit private trainers and coaches, which isn’t affordable or accessible in all communities.<<

Show me where any of the articles posted bring in school academic into the discussion.

Reaction Score
What is my idiotic argument?

I didn't write the proposal - I just pointed out what one of the points of the SCC (and others) discussion points were.

>>With no chance to work with coaches in the summer and off season, many players have turned to AAU programs and for-profit private trainers and coaches, which isn’t affordable or accessible in all communities.<<

Show me where any of the articles posted bring in school academics into the discussion.
Just keep it up, you may be on to something. Eventually. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Thanks, but I think I mentioned that already.
Thanks, but if I was replying to your post I would have quoted you. And you failed to provide any evidence of your point, which for you is par for the course. Further, picking an argument with @huskymedic over something he didn't say, and the articles didn't say (only you said) is about as idiotic as it gets.

Reaction Score
Thanks, but if I was replying to your post I would have quoted you. And you failed to provide any evidence of your point, which for you is par for the course. Further, picking an argument with @huskymedic over something he didn't say, and the articles didn't say (only you said) is about as idiotic as it gets.

How so? Use some logic and prove what you say. Back it with facts.

C

Chief00

Your argument is pure BS. Amity HS in Orange and Woodbridge, Glastonbury High, and Simsbury High are actually ranked higher academically than many FCIAC schools. The area in between Hartford and New Haven is for the most part a high income area with excellent school systems and is right smack dab in the middle of SCC land. Your argument that Amity, Glastonbury, and Simsbury football teams are sub par because they are not from affluent areas and don't have the resources to field good football teams compared to FCIAC schools is ludicrous. By the same token, Weston High in Weston Connecticut is the 2nd ranked school in the state, the town of Weston is also one of the most affluent in the state per capita, and is in Fairfield County between Westport and New Canaan, yet had not had a good football team in 40 years. Xavier High was once a top football power in the state and economically is an excellent school and draws it's students from all over the state.
Look at Ansonia, those kids parents are not exactly millionaires, yet they find a way to win championships every single year. Your argument that SCC and CCC football has fallen on hard times because of disadvantaged economics is baloney.
I am not talking academic rank, I am talking financial resources to hire trainers, get private position coaching and attend pay camps.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Only in your obtuse world can someone equate film study to a school’s academic rankings in the state.

You keep naming and cherrypicking high end towns/schools regarding family economics - one can go to the opposite end of the spectrum in the “SCC boundaries” and note Hillhouse, Wilbur Cross, West Haven and Hamden.

There is more to the State’s athletic profile than the FCIAC.

You are absolutely correct.

Reaction Score
I am not talking amount academic rank, I am talking financial resources to hire trainers, get private position coaching and attend pay camps.
Name me one or two of the poorer towns in CT, that have a high academic rank? You don't see the correlation of academic rank and affluent towns? What planet are you people from? Yet Weston, Wilton, and Simsbury have not had a decent football team like forever, while disadvantaged towns economically like Ansonia, Bloomfield and Shelton win every year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How so? Use some logic and prove what you say. Back it with facts.
My God you can't be serious.

I laughed at the argument that Glastonbury and Simsbury aren't affluent. That's not something you disagree with, so you had no reason to even respond to me.

There's a reason I didn't quote you in my first post. I don't want to engage with you, you're not worth the time. Honestly I think you might have a learning disability; because your reading comprehension is terrible. Huskymedic pointed that out with facts, and your response was classic for you. Mocking him by telling him to continue making an argument he never made. Nor one that the article linked made.

Even when people make a point that you agree, with you find a way to turn it into an argument.

Bish bye.

Reaction Score
Name me one or two of the poorer towns in CT, that have a high academic rank? You don't see the correlation of academic rank and affluent towns? What planet are you people from?

Once again... who other than you is talking about academics/school rankings as pertains to the proposed CIAC rule change?

No one here is arguing that affluent towns don't have better school systems.

Reaction Score
Once again... who other than you is talking about academics/school rankings as pertains to the proposed CIAC rule change?

Then explain to me why Ansonia, Shelton, and Bloomfield win every year? I don't think anyone is arguing that they are not disadvantaged areas. While extremely affluent Weston, Easton-Redding, Simsbury, and Wilton have not had strong football programs that I can ever remember.

Reaction Score
My God you can't be serious.

I laughed at the argument that Glastonbury and Simsbury aren't affluent. That's not something you disagree with, so you had no reason to even respond to me.

There's a reason I didn't quote you in my first post. I don't want to engage with you, you're not worth the time. Honestly I think you might have a learning disability; because your reading comprehension is terrible. Huskymedic pointed that out with facts, and your response was classic for you. Mocking him by telling him to continue making an argument he never made. Nor one that the article linked made.

Even when people make a point that you agree, with you find a way to turn it into an argument.

Bish bye.
What facts? List them please.

Reaction Score
@WingU-Conn is right... I'm done.

2.jpg

Reaction Score

Then explain to me why Ansonia, Shelton, and Bloomfield win every year? I don't think anyone is arguing that they are not disadvantaged areas. While extremely affluent Weston, Easton-Redding, Simsbury, and Wilton have not had strong football programs that I can ever remember.

Answer my question wise @ s s

C

Chief00

Again, academic rank is not a variable. LOL we are talking football. You go into the hood or even towns like Bloomfield and Windsor - kids don’t have the financial resources to develop during the summer on their own. That’s killing us from a football perspective in CT. Randy will tell you that very directly.

Reaction Score
Again, academic rank is not a variable. LOL we are talking football. You go into the hood or even towns like Bloomfield and Windsor - kids don’t have the financial resources to develop during the summer on their own. That’s killing us from a football perspective in CT. Randy will tell you that very directly.

Reaction Score

New Canaan says hello,

Reaction Score
New Canaan says hello,
So does Darien and Greenwich, but rich towns like Fairfield, Easton, Weston, Redding, Trumbull, Simsbury, Southington, Glastonbury, Orange, Woodbridge, and Wilton don't say hello. Why? Just because a town is affluent and athletes in those towns have financial resources is no guarantee of a winning football program. There are other factors at work here. That's my point. Ansonia, Bloomfield, Shelton, and West Haven, underprivileged towns with a winning tradition also say hello, so tell me how they manage to win year after year? Even in poorer towns if a kid shows D1 promise he's likely to transfer to a school that can give him that. Witness Taisun Phommacanh who played his freshman and sophomore years at Harding High school in Bridgeport before he transfered out and then signed with Clemson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wilton seems to have no interest in hiring good coaches after football coach Fujitani left and coach Guy Whitten who coach a lacrosse team to 20 state championships retired. I don’t believe money was an issue. Just no interest.

Reaction Score
Wilton seems to have no interest in hiring good coaches after football coach Fujitani left and coach Guy Whitten who coach a lacrosse team to 20 state championships retired. I don’t believe money was an issue. Just no interest.
Bingo!!! It's ALL about coaching, every kid on the Wilton football team could have his own personal trainer paid for by his millionaire parents, but if the coach sucks, so will the team. SCC athletic director please take note.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
im sorry when was southington not winning? like before jude kelly?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Fairfield has two high schools and bleed kids to preps. this is an odd conversation for even the boneyard

Reaction Score
im sorry when was southington not winning? like before jude kelly?
Here are the last two top 10 final state football polls. Do you see Southington, like we use to every year?????

That's ok whaler, apology accepted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom