Solo (Spoilers, duh) | The Boneyard

Solo (Spoilers, duh)

Reaction Score
So, I saw it with my wife last night and...meh.

Some of the reviews say you it's seamless and you can't tell there were multiple directors, and that's just off. The movie never feels coherent: it feels too explainy too often.

Start with that train scene, which was fun. Cut all that Corelia stuff, and you've already raised the quality of the movie. Also, cut that last scene where Han wins the Falcon. Save that for a sequel.

Lando and Chewie were great.
Han and Emilia Clarke were fine
More Woody Harrelson has a mentor would have been better.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It is the first Star Wars movie I won't see in the theater since Empire Strikes Back, when I was 2 years old. I am done hoping for quality and paying for dreck.

I had to turn off Rogue one 45 minutes in. Never saw the rest.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I thought it was fine, and maybe only because I had been expecting much worse. Not sure I would pay to watch it again though.

I'm glad the next movie wont be coming out for a year and half. I think they need to rethink their plan a bit.

Reaction Score
I had to turn off Rogue one 45 minutes in. Never saw the rest.

There were some meaningless sequences after the 45 minute mark. Oh, and a cartoon version of Darth Vader made some quips as if he were a court jester.

Reaction Score
So, I saw it with my wife last night and...meh.

Some of the reviews say you it's seamless and you can't tell there were multiple directors, and that's just off. The movie never feels coherent: it feels too explainy too often.

Start with that train scene, which was fun. Cut all that Corelia stuff, and you've already raised the quality of the movie. Also, cut that last scene where Han wins the Falcon. Save that for a sequel.

Lando and Chewie were great.
Han and Emilia Clarke were fine
More Woody Harrelson has a mentor would have been better.
I liked it a bit more than you did. Also went in with low expectations but maybe key is I saw it with kids ages 7-13 so viewing thru their eyes. I thought some of the action sequences were a little too incomprehensible, so actually more explaining to understand what the train robbery plan was & a pre-plan meeting for the Kessel heist. Personally I was surprised by the end that I really like Solo and bought the actor as a young version, I think they did a phenomenal job of copying looks, shots, poses, mannerisms that eventually convinced me it was him (this is the one thing I was skeptical about going in). I agree more Woody would have been better as his character was too opaque. Likewise the love interest needed more to reveal or explain her 3yrs & how she got to where she was. That was my one personal disconnect is Han spends 3 years plotting her rescue, then sees her & imdediately shrugs it off. This might be how life works, but I might have added him debriefing with Chewy about this. Chewbacca intro surpassed expectations, Donald Glover is awesome though the character a little thin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom