So... | The Boneyard

So...

Reaction Score
The hoops board is saying we need stronger, better players on the mbb team. Pal said Randy should have embraced and played the seniors like Hurley has done with the likes of Cobb...

Reaction Score
The hoops board is saying we need stronger, better players on the mbb team. Pal said Randy should have embraced and played the seniors like Hurley has done with the likes of Cobb...

What seniors didn’t we play at all? Didn’t they all get in to play?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure even the training staff saw action on special teams.

Reaction Score
Hurley has played his seniors and his lone junior. They lead the basketball team and give the team its best chance to win.

Edsall ran off his seniors or nailed them to the bench. Edsall openly stated that he doesn't care about wins. Hurley said he is playing the players who give him the best chance to win and he doesn't care if his expectations are unrealistic.

Even someone in Idaho should be able to see the difference.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Hurley has played his seniors and his lone junior. They lead the basketball team and give the team its best chance to win.

Edsall ran off his seniors or nailed them to the bench. Edsall openly stated that he doesn't care about wins. Hurley said he is playing the players who give him the best chance to win and he doesn't care if his expectations are unrealistic.

Even someone in Idaho should be able to see the difference.
How is that working out for Hurley and the UConn BB team?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How is that working out for Hurley and the UConn BB team?
If only the FB team had the BB teams troubles. Winning record, top 20 recruiting class coming in, excellent staff...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If only the FB team had the BB teams troubles. Winning record, top 20 recruiting class coming in, excellent staff...
When will the top 10 class from 2016 shine?

Congrats to the BB seniors on their winning record against teams with losing records.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Congrats to the BB seniors on their winning record against teams with losing records.

That's some prime beef there.

Reaction Score

They are, it's just too bad one is at New Mexico and another at Notre Dame.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Who were the three upperclassmen from the D side which were run off and that would have been difference makers?

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Hurley play all the seniors if they were all 5' 6", and had a bunch of freshman who are all 6' 9". Kinda what Edsall was dealing with from a football standpoint.

Reaction Score

Thin ice man, you are skating on very thin ice as the football team would kill to have the winning percentage the hoop had over the past 5 years.

Both teams need an influx of talent.

Reaction Score
I can't believe some of the things I read over there. I'm a fan of Hurley and thought that Ollie needed to go, but boy there are some people with entrenched opinions. I don't even think it's a Hurley thing because they were the same way for most of Ollie's tenure - so protective and stubborn until one day when all of the repressed emotion seemed to come out at once. Not a great case study in emotional health but I guess what can I expect.

Reaction Score
I can't believe some of the things I read over there. I'm a fan of Hurley and thought that Ollie needed to go, but boy there are some people with entrenched opinions. I don't even think it's a Hurley thing because they were the same way for most of Ollie's tenure - so protective and stubborn until one day when all of the repressed emotion seemed to come out at once. Not a great case study in emotional health but I guess what can I expect.
Do you mean Ollie's emotional health?

Reaction Score
Do you mean Ollie's emotional health?

Between Ollie and the fans and former fans like me, there are plenty of emotional problems to go around I'm sure. They call it the domino effect, I think.

Reaction Score
Between Ollie and the fans and former fans like me, there are plenty of emotional problems to go around I'm sure. They call it the domino effect, I think.
So is there anyone who sees things without emotional problems? How about Geno, Dan Hurley, Glen Miller, Dave Benedict, Jim Calhoun, or the 4 players who transferred out of Ollie's program after the season? Do they all have emotional problems as well? Or Ollie's legal team who now contend Ollie was fired because he's black? Can you lump them in there as well?

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You mean the class that transferred out or was hurt? Durham and Jackson transferred out under Ollie. Gilbert has been hurt the last two years and is probably our best player this year. Vital is playing well. Diarra has been hurt all year.

Reaction Score
Who were the three upperclassmen from the D side which were run off and that would have been difference makers?
So, visions of 3 legitimate difference makers being run off was not just cocked up by someone’s hallucinations?

Reaction Score
So is there anyone who sees things without emotional problems? How about Geno, Dan Hurley, Glen Miller, Dave Benedict, Jim Calhoun, or the 4 players who transferred out of Ollie's program after the season? Do they all have emotional problems as well? Or Ollie's legal team who now contend Ollie was fired because he's black? Can you lump them in there as well?

I don't think anyone who lost faith in him or wanted him gone was acting emotionally. By the end of his tenure, there was a considerable sample of data to suggest that we could find a better person to run the program. I do think there's a natural tendency to overstate the deficiencies of an ex, though, especially when compared to the smell of a new car. It's not some grand indictment on the fan base to think that the new coach is going to get the benefit of the doubt. Ollie benefitted from that same goodwill for a long time, probably even beyond the point that he deserved it. Now the pendulum has swung too far the other way, but again, that's natural, especially when there are some real feelings of resentment stemming from the buyout. I use the term "emotional problems" loosely and to the extent that everyone has them in some way or another.

As far as Ollie's legal team goes, I don't think they have emotional problems so much as they're bad at their jobs. One of the primary purposes of a lawyer is to divorce emotion from the equation. More likely, their decision to invoke race was a coldly calculated decision that is designed to stir the emotions of potential allies. I don't agree with how they've approached the matter from the beginning, but it is what it is. He needed a publicist more than he needed a lawyer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom