So, who's your 2020 Team? | The Boneyard

So, who's your 2020 Team?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
With UConn shutting it down, which team will you root for, or is college football off your radar for the year?

Based on the P5's all trying to at least start the season, I'm going with LSU. If for no other reason, have many friends who are LSU fans, so watching their games while hanging out with friends is an easy combination.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
I don’t think college football is going to happen unfortunately. It might start, but there’s no way the season will finish. Look what’s happening with baseball and those are professionals, not amateurs that nominally need to co-mingle with others on campus in classrooms and in dining halls.

Reaction Score
How about Colorado State? The Dazzler has been there a few months and they are already under internal investigation for health and safety issues.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
With UConn shutting it down, which team will you root for, or is college football off your radar for the year?

Based on the P5's all trying to at least start the season, I'm going with LSU. If for no other reason, have many friends who are LSU fans, so watching their games while hanging out with friends is an easy combination.

It's off my radar. I'm just hoping Pitt returns my wife's season ticket payment. I imagine I may watch some Pitt games with her, but that's about it.

One thing CFB has that MLB doesn't is that while one can expect some early games to be cancelled because some teams get Covid, they've got 14-15 weekends to get in the 10-11 games they want to play. So taking two weeks off for quarantine doesn't preclude making up a game later. With (mostly) conference-only play and no fans, re-scheduling later is not wildly complicated if it's needed.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm rooting for The CDC and any team trying to make a vaccine or cure.
To answer your question, I won't be able to root for any school that would clearly put the desire for $ over the welfare of the students. CSU is just the first domino to fall in what might be a more widespread issue of lying and hiding results.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas Jayhawks of course. But I do root for Nebraska and LSU.

Reaction Score
Northwestern (my son went there), and the Sooners (two tours of duty at Ft. Sill, OK).

Reaction Score
I will not watch college football this season. Any team that puts $$$ over player’s health doesn’t deserve anyone’s support.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom