So, what is going to happen to the freshmen? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, what is going to happen to the freshmen?

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I'm optimistic about schools opening in the fall. There are many reasons to think so, and Dr. Scott Atlas always has a sound and reasoned response regarding covid-19 and the lockdowns.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't see an issue. Season doesn't technically start until October, and with the Connecticut Covid-19 trends looking good I would expect UConn to reopen for the fall semester. The real question now is what happens towards the end of the semester with schools ending semesters early to clear out the campus before a second wave hits. Hopefully the NCAA is working on contingency plans for disruptions to the season.
The problem is that if the corona virus follows the flu cycle, November will be the start of a renewed outbreak. If a vaccination actually will be available in December, I can see a deferral of the season until January. Basically, just go with your conference schedule. That's just speculation on my part though.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Professional golfers from many countries will be allowed into the U.S. soon. This may be a sign that amateur athletes will be allowed in as well later on.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Professional golfers from many countries will be allowed into the U.S. soon. This may be a sign that amateur athletes will be allowed in as well later on.
Considering that foreign students account for over 5% (1,000,000+) of all higher education students in the U.S., there is a pretty strong financial incentive to allow all of them back into the country. Of particular interest is one young lady from Poland and a second from Croatia. I would expect that colleges will coordinate quarantine requirements with US Customs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom