So what does an all Independent schedule look like? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

So what does an all Independent schedule look like?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like Ball State has an opening.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Guess this got Randy's attention...he just started following Mark moments ago.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
At this point what the independents do will be interesting. Army? UMass? UConn? We dont have the peer pressure the others have.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
At this point what the independents do will be interesting. Army? UMass? UConn? We dont have the peer pressure the others have.
I really hope we play home and holes with army and UMass and the other independent teams at least once.

also- who knows what the other G5’s do. I’m in to play as many as we can.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I really hope we play home and holes with army and UMass and the other independent teams at least once.

also- who knows what the other G5’s do. I’m in to play as many as we can.

Buddy, Let's see where we are in a few days. Word is its rather likely we are shutting down.

Reaction Score
On the plus side, if there was ever a season to not play the planned schedule, this was it. Because of the last minute nature of schedule agreements as a newly independent, athletics was actually going to be at a net loss just to play the games...about $380k to be exact. No significant (or in some cases any) guarantee money from UNC, UVA, or Ole Miss. And since none of these opponents were coming to the Rent, it's not like it would help with attendance to offset the payment.

Fortunately the pay games are back starting in 2021 and thereafter (Clemson, Michigan, Tennessee, Ohio State) that will help the program look better on the balance sheet and seem to be helping on the recruiting trail.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Scratch Syracuse...

These are reasons why any of this is just dumb. MLB clearly has shown that playing outside of a bubble is walking an insanely fine line. So let's say they pull it off for awhile longer....CFB decides to try and make a go at it. Why would a school in NY play a school from a southern state where cases are still high? Why wouldn't they want to figure out a way to play a school like Army or UConn where COVID is more under control like it is in NY? I guess when you're playing an ACC schedule that will take you to SC and GA, who cares?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom