So, uh . . . . . . . . here's the UCF game chat. | Page 22 | The Boneyard

So, uh . . . . . . . . here's the UCF game chat.

Reaction Score
Is your suggestion that we used a ghost? Someone needed to be there. Mensah was the better option.

My opinion of Newsome, not that I have ever expressed it here before, is that he is great in space but garbage up the middle. And has been so for his time at UCONN.
your opinion is not some sort of undoubted fact. both are not great short yardage backs. I think you'd be hard pressed to review the film and determine if one is actually better than the other.

the real issue is that the line is not big enough to block in those short yardage situations. I don't understand why we don't throw more in short yardage situations.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Mensah and Newsome both have their plusses and minuses BUT neither are the bigtime back UConn needs and many teams have one
Size and speed in one package - they aren't hard to find
Mensah has great speed but drives me crazy when he thinks he can run into a pile/tackler on kickoff returns - runs straight as an arrow
Newsome is a great open field threat but cannot be a "find your opening and run thru it" back
UConn needs RBs and FBs - they have the TEs but refuse to use them

Reaction Score
Two plays that impacted the score. Early 4th quarter use runner heading to the end zone. Twice an offensive player pushed our defender in the Back. No call. Why.
A short time later our defender called for a face mask. The offensive player then reached and grabbed our players face mask and firmly held it for a couple of seconds. We got the 15 yard penalty.
With those two noncalls I left. The fix was in.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Two plays that impacted the score. Early 4th quarter use runner heading to the end zone. Twice an offensive player pushed our defender in the Back. No call. Why.
A short time later our defender called for a face mask. The offensive player then reached and grabbed our players face mask and firmly held it for a couple of seconds. We got the 15 yard penalty.
With those two noncalls I left. The fix was in.
The Carrezola face mask was hilarious. He like grazed the dudes earmask and he was basically being dragged by his face mask.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom