So nice to see Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So nice to see Akok

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Good question, and I don't want to come off as insensitive to the young man's injury at all, but is he on some sort of minutes restriction? I ask out of curiosity, I have no interest in seeing him out there before he's healthy.
I am not a doctor but it sure showed he was having fun.

Reaction Score
I don't think Akok is on a minutes restriction per se. But it has been mentioned, he seemed a little stiff on defense, and it makes no sense to push him at this point.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I don't think Akok is on a minutes restriction per se. But it has been mentioned, he seemed a little stiff on defense, and it makes no sense to push him at this point.
Thanks. Hope to see more of him.

Reaction Score
I think a couple of years of him and Sanogo going against each other could really help both of them. I'd love Akok to develop a little more of a back to the basket game... with a little baby hook from each hand. He still looks a half step off on the defensive end, but is good enough to cover it.

Reaction Score
Guy plays with such hustle and joy. Impossible to not love and cheer for him. He embodies UConn in the best possible way. He tears past everyone running up and down the court. Just a refreshing vision. The team fed off him when they needed it most. Hope he stays healthy the rest of the way. A real difference maker both on and off the stat sheet.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He’s absolutely on some kind of restriction

Reaction Score
Hurley has shown his humanity. I love our coach for this.
He showed it when Akok went down.
He shows it in managing his return and minutes.
Akok is becoming a real man before our eyes. Much stronger and still exuding the exuberance for the game.
Full bore next year we all hope for Akok.

Reaction Score
For those asking about Akok, the staff is restricting his minutes. They’re targeting 10 minutes a game right now, but want to slowly ramp him up so that he could go as long as 20 minutes a month from now when the games will be more important. He’s still not 100% so they don’t want to risk reinjury.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bouknight’s surgeon has him on a minutes restriction.
Nah, Bouk’s surgeon wouldn’t have him playing.

Reaction Score
He’s absolutely on some kind of restriction
Per se is the phrase to use when you want to refer to a particular thing on its own. It is not this Latin phrase, per se, that is important, but rather the concept it represents.

In short there are other variables that apply. The minutes will vary depending on other factors. He was "restricted" to 10 minutes today. He played 11. Hence "per se."

Reaction Score
For those asking about Akok, the staff is restricting his minutes. They’re targeting 10 minutes a game right now, but want to slowly ramp him up so that he could go as long as 20 minutes a month from now when the games will be more important. He’s still not 100% so they don’t want to risk reinjury.
that's huge. 15 fewer mpg of whaley or martin at the 4. would love to go 9 deep once/if bouk gets back. that's a deep rotation with tough choices re PT

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best thing I liked about Akok's return was his aggressiveness on offense. On the first three he was a bit hesitant but after that he was looking to score and attack when he touched the ball on the perimeter. Compared to almost every other player who is looking to extend the play or "run the offense" he was looking to attack the defense. No slacking off for the defender when they guard him.

Reaction Score
Best thing I liked about Akok's return was his aggressiveness on offense. On the first three he was a bit hesitant but after that he was looking to score and attack when he touched the ball on the perimeter. Compared to almost every other player who is looking to extend the play or "run the offense" he was looking to attack the defense. No slacking off for the defender when they guard him.
Made a believer out of Freemantle in 8 minutes.

Reaction Score

You could tell he was winded a bit in the minutes he was playing against Xavier. A few times he had his hands on his hips like he was trying to catch his breath. Whatever we can get from him, I'll take. I agree with the others that had he not come in and gave us a jolt of energy with a quick 5 points, I'm not sure we win the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom