So, let's face it: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So, let's face it:

Reaction Score
I'm older than you (81) and despite my disappointment in the postponement, have every expectation of numerous (?) years of further enjoyment...

We're currently planning next season's multi-month Ikon-pass ski swing through the West...Wyoming, Montana, Alberta, Salt Lake, Tahoe, and Colorado, with pre-Christmas warm-up in Northern Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

If you have your health, there is no reason to throw in the towel any time in your seventh decade, biblical prophesies on the subject notwithstanding.
actually his 8th decade; mine also.

Reaction Score
Lot of games left for all of us! Go on UConn Husky Games.com and rewatch a FF that they ended up winning! One of my favorite FFs was 2003 and the play of Taurasi against Texas and Tennessee! It never gets old watching those 2 games for me!

Reaction Score
I'm 73 and in poor health! My cardiac Doctor just cancelled a 2nd heart operation he had planned for me!
He said there was only a 50% or 60% chance that it would improve my health., and why go through heart surgery if the odds for improvement weren't 90%+!
My lung doctor gave me a 10lb oxygen tank to help my breathing but I can barely walk so I can't carry it around!
So my point in all this I is, our UCONN ladies keep me looking forward to the next game, instead of my health problems! UCONN and the WNBA and my Yankees get me through the year!
I feel terrible for our young ladies and the coaching staff for having the rug pulled out from under them! And it wasn't even a player or coach but a fringe person that tested positive!
Let's hope that when they get over this bump in the road the rest of the season is smooth sailing.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Wow this has turned into an old farts convention seeking comfort in our later years, from the devastating Uconn news. OK I will play, and try to lighten things up during this difficult period. I am 69 and retired in "The Villages".
This is probably the largest age restricted retirement community in the world, so I see old people all the time!

Our best approach to aging is staying active and trying very hard not to act our age. We sometimes refer to ourselves as frogs, because we come here to croak! Or refer to this as God's waiting room. We generally don't buy any green bananas if you know what I mean.

We try to continue participating in sports, for me table tennis and pickleball (see I am good enough to call it table tennis instead of ping pong!). But we don't move like we used to. We can only jump rope if it's a thin one, and you don't need a stopwatch to time us in the 50 yard dash ( a sundial will do!).

Some think we all use the same cologne, but that's not the case, it's BenGay or Icy Hot! And it's true we have many "happy hours" here, but our favorite drink is Metamucil. Some are active with clubs or activities that are not physical. Their workouts consist of pumping their egos, jogging their memory, and exercising their options.

So to all the old-timers on the Boneyard, I salute you for continuing not to act your age, stay active, and look for a laugh or two to get us through these difficult times. I know we consider a few weeks to be "long range planning", but if we squint thru our cataracts and trifocals, I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yep!! Don't get us started, because some of us are "long winded", and have some stories to tell. For those of us born in the 30's and 40's, it's a blessing to still be here, in our right minds and be in good spirits. I see in the news everyday where celebrities and athletes, some much younger than us have passed. I know there are more days BEHIND me than in front of me, but my wish is to have at least 15-20 more birthday celebrations before I tap out. We all have to go sometime, but I've still got some things unchecked on my "to do" list. I'm not in a hurry to transition just yet. :cool:

With this COVID-19 virus running rampant through the country, we're forced to stay home, only venturing out as necessary. The Boneyard is a Godsend for many of us. It's gives us something to look forward to everyday, and a vehicle to share and express our thoughts and opinions with other like-minded UConn WBB fans. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep!! Don't get us started, because some of us are "long winded", and have some stories to tell. For those of us born in the 40's, it's a blessing to still be here, in our right minds and be in good spirits. I see in the news everyday where celebrities and athletes, some much younger than us have passed. I know there are more days BEHIND me than in front of me, but my wish is to have at least 15-20 more birthday celebrations before I tap out. We all have to go sometime, but I've still got some things unchecked on my "to do" list. I'm not in a hurry to transition just yet. :cool:

With this COVID-19 virus running rampant through the country, we're forced to stay home, only venturing out as necessary. The Boneyard is a Godsend for many of us. It's gives us something to look forward to everyday, and a vehicle to share and express our thoughts and opinions with other like-minded UConn WBB fans. :)

Damm right!

Reaction Score
I operate on the philosophy that "We plan and God laughs."
Oz, I always heard that as, "Want to make God laugh? Tell him what you have planned for your life". Better yet, "Man proposes, God disposes."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've been been finally convinced by my wife (a wise, thrifty woman),
to stop buying wine that will mature in a decade...
10 or more years of cellaring required: best after 2030.

Hope to be around, but sticking to the drinkable now stuff.

Reaction Score
This is not a happy thread. My personal philosophy is that none of us gets out alive and we should conduct ourselves accordingly. Don't want to answer for a lot of stuff on the other side...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom