So Carnac, you want an assertive 5, eh!? | The Boneyard

So Carnac, you want an assertive 5, eh!?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I give you Audi Crooks!
She has Jerome Bettis feet - very quick and agile.
Marisa Moseley has offered a Wisconsin scholarship.

1626805121822.png

Reaction Score
Realistically, how many EFFECTIVE minutes can she play a game? I just can't see her beating or even keeping up with a D1 player consistently down the floor....not even in spurts. You could slow down your offense to accommodate her, but you can't consistently dictate the other team's offensive pace, especially when you would be playing your four against the offense's five. In HS...and against "ok" talent you can get away with this. She's obviously skilled, but let's be honest...she would be a project.

Reaction Score
Realistically, how many EFFECTIVE minutes can she play a game? I just can't see her beating or even keeping up with a D1 player consistently down the floor....not even in spurts. You could slow down your offense to accommodate her, but you can't consistently dictate the other team's offensive pace, especially when you would be playing your four against the offense's five. In HS...and against "ok" talent you can get away with this. She's obviously skilled, but let's be honest...she would be a project.
Aren’t most bugs projects? Remember Chantel Osahor at Washington with Kelsey Plum?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Four time All-American Courtney Paris managed.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Bugs?
Nika the gnat, Audi the (Odonata, the order of dragonflies, is the best I could come up with, pretty lame, though).

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Aren’t most bugs projects? Remember Chantel Osahor at Washington with Kelsey Plum?
Osahor was quite a project. She had bad knees, ankles, and/or feet, I can’t remember which. Toward the end of her tenure, Neighbors was open about how he had to manage her activity — too much and she’d aggravate her bad wheels, too little and she’d get rusty. He did a great job, and taking on the project paid off.

She’s one of my favorite non-Huskies.

Reaction Score
Four time All-American Courtney Paris managed.
Yep. It can be done. Just not very often. If a team has the personnel to work with her and a roster spot to gamble with...go for it.

Reaction Score
Yep...flat footed three point shooter and that's about as far as she went down the court on half of their possessions.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She’s appears bigger than Danielle Adams (Texas A&M) who was listed at 6’1” - 239., and led the Aggies to a national championship her senior year. Of course, I could be wrong. But in either case, she would have to improve her conditioning if she has aspirations of playing at the next level. She already has legitimate offers from several D1 programs, so I guess you’ll be seeing her soon at at gym or arena near you.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

The first time I saw her, my knee-jerk reaction was: really? Then I saw her play, and was won over. No, she was not fleet-a-foot, and she didn’t have a “traditional“ jump shot, but she could play. Her teammates and their fans loved her.

She finished her college career with over 1000 points and over 1000 rebounds. She led all D1 players her senior year with 30 double doubles. She shot a respectable 35.6% from beyond the ark over her college career.

She didn’t make the cut, but she did get drafted into the WNBA by the Sky in the 2nd round. I quickly became a fan of hers too.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yep...flat footed three point shooter and that's about as far as she went down the court on half of their possessions.
I guess a lot of offensive rebounds went out to the three point line, as she averaged 4 while leading the nation in rebounding. She scored well over half her points inside. That’s definitely not an informed opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess a lot of rebounds went out to the three point line, as she averaged 4 while leading the nation in rebounding. She scored well over half her points inside. That’s definitely not an informed opinion.
4?

Reaction Score
She’s appears bigger than Danielle Adams (Texas A&M) who was listed at 6’1” - 239., and led the Aggies to a national championship her senior year. Of course, I could be wrong. But in either case, she would have to improve her conditioning if she has aspirations of playing at the next level. She already has legitimate offers from several D1 programs, so I guess you’ll be seeing her soon at at gym or arena near you.
She show up at my gym and she has NO CHANCE. lol Seriously though...anything is possible, but she would be a project no matter where she goes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Offensive rebounds. (Yes, I was very unclear, I’ve corrected it, thanks.) She averaged 4 offensive rebounds and 15 rebounds a game her senior year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I may be completely wrong here and some may adamantly disagree with me. I had (have and have had) a running discussion with someone on YouTube who says he has scouted for both professional and college teams about this young lady, Ms Crooks. His take in a nutshell has been her size, basketball IQ and strength makes her potentially a great player in WCBB and perhaps, in the Association. My argument has been her lack of conditioning, poor diet, her lack of a shot outside of 10 feet, the movement of teams in WCBB toward positionless basketball and the problems she going to have with, whether her team or her opponents, playing in transition. Worse, because of her size she will be prone to knee, ankle and back injuries. I stated that once in college post players will force her to play from the perimeter in and she'll have problems on switches. I stated that unless she's willing to change, willing to take these issues seriously, and unless her prospective team is willing to push her hard off and on court, she's a project that may never fill that potential. I mistakenly cited Joyner Holmes to him when I meant Rellah Boothe, who was quite similar in size and game at MD (although Rellah was more athletic), as an example of someone that never took conditioning or improving her game seriously, had a terrible knee injury, and is now living out the rest of her career coming off the bench at Middle Tennessee State. He as others here cited examples of some (he mostly from the pros), such as Osahor, who made it through their physical limitations. But all of those examples had a a mid range game entering CBB and improved that shot as their career advanced. Suddenly developing a 15 footer at the college level is not easy. Just ask Liv. I thought her best chance was at a good mid-major where she'll get tons of court time and tons of support. Time will certainly tell with this young lady.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom