OT: - Six Degrees from Kevin Bacon | The Boneyard

OT: Six Degrees from Kevin Bacon

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Still some time for silly OT threads and everybody is a little too intense in the Celtics Coach thread. So, how far are you from Bacon based on people you’ve engaged with in person.

Me-> Law School roommate went to high school with -> Brad Pitt was in sleepers with -> Kevin Bacon
Me-> Supernatural con where I met Mark Sheppard who was in Broken with -> Tess Harper who was in Criminal Law with -> Kevin Bacon.

That’s two 4s. I was an extra in a movie with Anthony Sabato Jr. but didn’t really meet him (he ran past us). if it counted Me -> Anthony Sabato Jr in the big hit with Mark Wahlburg -> was in Patriot Day with Kevin Bacon. So a 3 but not close enough to count it.

What is your degree of separation from Kevin Bacon? Let’s hear it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Some dude jaywalks between two parked cars without looking at traffic as I’m driving through Lakeville. Fortunately I stopped short of hitting him (couldn’t have been more than three feet between him and my car). Flashed him the bird cause I was so ticked his carelessness almost changed the trajectory of two lives.

Later that day I was at a party and sure enough the hosts introduced me to that reckless dude. He looks at me with a weird expression and asks if we ever met before.

I wanted to say I almost ran into you three hours earlier but instead I said nope Kevin (Bacon) you must have me mixed up with someone else as I held up my hand and flashed him the bird.

We both had a good laugh over it thankfully. And yes I recognized him earlier.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I didn't think I had anything...but I do. When my oldest nephew was a wee lad, he appeared on the Ellen DeGeneres Show (I think she did an annual thing w/ a young precocious "Presidential expert" every year for Presidents Day). While he and my brother and sister in law were nervously waiting in the green room, one of the other guests Paul Reiser dropped in and chatted with them. Reiser has appeared in 2 movies w/ Bacon-- Diner (1982) and The Darkness (2016).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Best I can do is a 5. When I was at the UConn Stamford branch, I briefly dated a woman who's now a CT Superior Court judge, back when she was a skinny, willowy thing. Stopping for gas in Southport one fine Saturday afternoon, while I was inside buying snacks and paying for gas, Paul Newman pulled up to the next pump and chatted her up. She asked for an autograph, which he declined, saying he never gives autographs, but suggested he'd buy a beer instead (not knowing she was merely 17, although that never stopped her from ordering her wine when we went out for dinner). For some reason she graciously declined Mr. Newman and waited for me instead, possibly because Newman's defining feature, his dreamy blue eyes, were something I also possessed, and in a much younger and taller body.

While I missed the whole encounter as it was happening, I had to believe the veracity of it based on the detail she provided me when I got back to the car. So, following that auspicious beginning of this tenuous connection, we know that Charles Tyner was in Cool Hand Luke with Newman. Tyner later appeared in Planes, Trains and Automobiles, in which Bacon famously played the taxi racer.

Reaction Score
I went to high school with Amy Sheehan, who was in The Path with Aaron Paul, who was in Fathers and Daughters with Octavia Spencer, who was in Beauty Shop with Kevin Bacon.

Reaction Score
Me > Middle School best friend was on Boardwalk Empire with > Michael Shannon who was in The Woodsman with > Kevin Bacon
I’m stealing this one.

Me, a best friend’s first PA job was at Boardwalk Empire…

Reaction Score
Me -> girl I went to high school with was the script supervisor on AVA with John Malkovich -> John was in Queens Logic with Kevin Bacon.

Closest I've found so far.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I double this weak attempt. My first name is Kevin and I also like bacon!
Weak attempt? Weak attempt?! That was 2° the only thing I can do that would be better is if I actually knew him. If you want me to do it the hard way then I would go with:

1. I met William Shatner on the set of Disaster on the Coastliner

2. Shatner was in Miss Congeniality with Candace Bergen.

3. Candace Bergen was in Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon

4. Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions with Sarah Michelle Gellar

5. Sarah Michelle Gellar was in Scream 2 with Neve Campbell

6. Neve Campbell was in Wild Things with Kevin Bacon.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Some dude jaywalks between two parked cars without looking at traffic as I’m driving through Lakeville. Fortunately I stopped short of hitting him (couldn’t have been more than three feet between him and my car). Flashed him the bird cause I was so ticked his carelessness almost changed the trajectory of two lives.

Later that day I was at a party and sure enough the hosts introduced me to that reckless dude. He looks at me with a weird expression and asks if we ever met before.

I wanted to say I almost ran into you three hours earlier but instead I said nope Kevin (Bacon) you must have me mixed up with someone else as I held up my hand and flashed him the bird.

We both had a good laugh over it thankfully. And yes I recognized him earlier.
Odd. I have a much more tenuous (and much less direct) Lakeville connection. I was taking my boat out of the water at Long Pond (aka Lake Wononscopmuc) and said hello to Jane Curtin, who was walking her dog. Curtin was part of SNL, and Bacon was a guest host on SNL. Back when it was still funny.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Weak attempt? Weak attempt?! That was 2° the only thing I can do that would be better is if I actually knew him. If you want me to do it the hard way then I would go with:

1. I met William Shatner on the set of Disaster on the Coastliner

2. Shatner was in Miss Congeniality with Candace Bergen.

3. Candace Bergen was in Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon

4. Reese Witherspoon in Cruel Intentions with Sarah Michelle Gellar

5. Sarah Michelle Gellar was in Scream 2 with Neve Campbell

6. Neve Campbell was in Wild Things with Kevin Bacon.
William Shatner was in "She's Having a Baby" with Kevin Bacon. You got a very solid 3.

For those struggling, this can help

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Odd. I have a much more tenuous (and much less direct) Lakeville connection. I was taking my boat out of the water at Long Pond (aka Lake Wononscopmuc) and said hello to Jane Curtin, who was walking her dog. Curtin was part of SNL, and Bacon was a guest host on SNL. Back when it was still funny.
If I had hit Kevin there would have been zero degree of separation.

Lots of famous people in the northwest corner of the state.

Reaction Score
My daughter worked onstage with Marisa Tomei who was in Crazy Stupid Love with Kevin Bacon.

She also worked with Ben Stiller who was in Along Came Polly with Jennifer Anniston who was in Picture Perfect with Kevin Bacon.

Reaction Score
Met Stephen King, who wrote Stand By Me featuring Kiefer Sutherland, who was in Flatliners with Kevin Bacon.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
William Shatner was in "She's Having a Baby" with Kevin Bacon. You got a very solid 3.

Wow so I can actually do a two degree one.

Elementary School Lol GIF by ABC Network

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link. I met Paul Newman twice. Once when he was filming in Bridgeport, and once at a BMW dealer in Ridgefield. My son-in-law did a chimney rebuild for him, and got his autograph on a substantial check, so that has to count for something. Anyway, the Newman/Bacon link runs through "Mr & Mrs Bridge" to "Beyond All Boundaries" (via Blythe Danner) to Bacon . Also one via Tim Robbins through the Hudsucker Proxie and Mystic River.

I thought maybe the Elia Kazan (I was one of two people to have permission to fish his pond whenever I wanted to) would be a close connection, but... Paradise Lost and Mystic River via Eli Wallach.

Tried Roy Scheider. Another fishing related connection. He hollered at me for fishing near his dock on Lake Oscawana, NY. Don't know if it was his house or a summer getaway. He didn't really holler. Just walked from his lawn chair out to the dock and told me to be careful not to snag the lines to his sailboat. There was a young, topless chick sunning herself (face down) on the dock, and I really thought he came down to be sure I didn't bother her. Another 3 for me. Roy to Bacon via Bob Balaban in "2010:The Year We Make Contact" and "End of the Line."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom