SI's Big East predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SI's Big East predictions

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
LOL. Keep Dreaming that the Loser from Seton Hall is our savior. He will not be. He's a terrible game coach, if you can't see the difference between Coach's Calhoun and Ollie and this New Jersey Clown, you are truly delusional.
Confused Charlie Day GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Win or lose, Sean Miller is doing things the right way. He suspended Freemantle for at least a few hours in September and buried Freemantle's transgressions, showing everyone that off court misconduct will not be tolerated any more.

Reaction Score
Looking for reasons to be upset and start a fight in typical boneyard fashion, but this list seems fair.

I think the bottom 5 is pretty much all a toss up. I hope SJU is good, we play them at MSG in February. Would like to go to that game

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
3rd isn’t really a slight at all, but I’m just surprised that no one has up in their top 2, let alone 1st. I know Creighton is going to be really really good this year and Nova is Nova, but this is Hurley’s best squad in Storrs. Just thought some more national media members would put us at the top of their BE rankings. Oh well. Time to prove them all wrong.
Let’s hope we can.

Reaction Score
Sometimes we need to take a step back and remember the context. Hurley says it's his deepest team. But we lost 3 starters and our 6th man, all 4 of whom earned All-Big East honors at some point over the last 2 years (1st team, DPoY, 6th Man, and All-Tournament). We're going to be filling those gaps with an up-transfer (Newton), a RS freshman (Karaban), a guy who missed games for 3 different reasons and played less than 30% of the team's minutes last year (Hawkins), a guy who was not in the rotation last year (Samson), a transfer who was outplayed by his backups the year before (Alleyne), a freshman at the position which is usually the slowest to develop (Clingan), and a transfer who was a backup whose team reduced his minutes from the year before (Diarra).

Big shoes and a lot of unproven feet.
1666087240772.png

Reaction Score
Obviously Iceman is busting chops here, but it does raise an interesting point. That being when does Hurley need to actually produce. Despite the big rep, and all the bluster, he has had at best a pretty modest list of accomplishments. 2 first round exits, no trips to the league finals. No league titles either regular season or tourney. Very Seton Hallesque. If this year is similar, 3rd place in the league, early tournament exit, is he on the clock in 23-24?

Reaction Score
I'm feeling pretty good about this. Anybody want to reconsider their downvotes?
You better knock on wood, dude!

(Of course UConn is clearly a better team overall, but that doesn't mean Xavier can't beat us two or three times when you play fast and loose with the mojo!)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You better knock on wood, dude!

(Of course UConn is clearly a better team overall, but that doesn't mean Xavier can't beat us two or three times when you play fast and loose with the mojo!)
From early summer, I have felt that this was a different year. Different mojo rules apply. This UConn team is a force of nature, and grows stronger through acknowledgement of that. We smell their fear, see them tremble at our approach, knowing they are helpless to prevent the inevitable.

Reaction Score
This team feels different. Pick your poison. We can go small, we can play big. We can score in the paint. We have shooters from deep. We can run. We can play halfcourt. We defend the three. We help on d and rotate. We have great transition defense. We defend the paint and rebound.

(and we still don't have Samson back yet)

I'm going to enjoy watching this team all season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom