SI's Big East predictions | The Boneyard

SI's Big East predictions

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
3rd isn’t really a slight at all, but I’m just surprised that no one has up in their top 2, let alone 1st. I know Creighton is going to be really really good this year and Nova is Nova, but this is Hurley’s best squad in Storrs. Just thought some more national media members would put us at the top of their BE rankings. Oh well. Time to prove them all wrong.

Reaction Score
3rd isn’t really a slight at all, but I’m just surprised that no one has up in their top 2, let alone 1st. I know Creighton is going to be really really good this year and Nova is Nova, but this is Hurley’s best squad in Storrs. Just thought some more national media members would put us at the top of their BE rankings. Oh well. Time to prove them all wrong.
Kyle Boone has us at 2

Reaction Score
Remember they’ve been told we don’t have a point guard

Reaction Score
Sometimes we need to take a step back and remember the context. Hurley says it's his deepest team. But we lost 3 starters and our 6th man, all 4 of whom earned All-Big East honors at some point over the last 2 years (1st team, DPoY, 6th Man, and All-Tournament). We're going to be filling those gaps with an up-transfer (Newton), a RS freshman (Karaban), a guy who missed games for 3 different reasons and played less than 30% of the team's minutes last year (Hawkins), a guy who was not in the rotation last year (Samson), a transfer who was outplayed by his backups the year before (Alleyne), a freshman at the position which is usually the slowest to develop (Clingan), and a transfer who was a backup whose team reduced his minutes from the year before (Diarra).

Big shoes and a lot of unproven feet.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Sometimes we need to take a step back and remember the context. Hurley says it's his deepest team. But we lost 3 starters and our 6th man, all 4 of whom earned All-Big East honors at some point over the last 2 years (1st team, DPoY, 6th Man, and All-Tournament). We're going to be filling those gaps with an up-transfer (Newton), a RS freshman (Karaban), a guy who missed games for 3 different reasons and played less than 30% of the team's minutes last year (Hawkins), a guy who was not in the rotation last year (Samson), a transfer who was outplayed by his backups the year before (Alleyne), a freshman at the position which is usually the slowest to develop (Clingan), and a transfer who was a backup whose team reduced his minutes from the year before (Diarra).

Big shoes and a lot of unproven feet.
'a transfer who was outplayed by his backups the year before (Alleyne), ... and a transfer who was a backup whose team reduced his minutes from the year before (Diarra).'
hey! u can't say stuff like that! ur only supposed to say stuff like our squad is all-world! we're getting the top 8 spots in the lottery! best league in the history of history! (even tho a grand total of one big east player was taken in last year's).
stick to danny talk on ajax' injury - 'it's great! it sucks!' (pick whichever suits ur personal view. there's plenty in his words for everyone to find what they want.)
i just want to win. forget whatever daily clown college of experts think, we have a legit chance to win the league, ... if we play the cards we do have, correctly. hopefully, management won't try another version of typo v2.0, the return of the madness, cuz the first version was dumber than a box of rocks, wearing socks.

Reaction Score
Nova will look a lil vulnerable til Christmas. concissions, sports hernias and surgeries … not an ideal pre season

Reaction Score
It's time for the Danny Boys to over achieve

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
According to the poll UConn is either 3 or 4. I have no problem with it but I do expect them to be closer to 2nd than 5th. At this point I’m looking for a 1st round NCAA win. Injuries always play a huge part in any team’s season.

Reaction Score
With the depth we have Hurley is the one who has to have a good year. How he orchestrates this season is the key. If he gets stubborn it may not be pleasant.

Reaction Score
He was a Bad Hire. Never was in favor of him. Within 5 years no one will care about UConn Basketball, The Men's Ice Hockey Team will be the focus, Great Coach, Outstanding League in a sport where the SEC has no interest.
Many Folks thought that the BIG interest in Connecticut a few years ago was Football / Womens Basketball. Wake Up Call, NO ONE CARES ABOUT BOARING Women's Basketball. They were examining the potential for a BIG Ice Hockey Conference, and UConn was being examined...
Amateur troll. Trolling is much more effective when you only troll about one topic. Went overboard, covered too many topics, very diffuse. Akin to spreading one pat of butter across two pieces of toast.

Grade: C-

Reaction Score
He was a Bad Hire. Never was in favor of him. Within 5 years no one will care about UConn Basketball, The Men's Ice Hockey Team will be the focus, Great Coach, Outstanding League in a sport where the SEC has no interest.
Many Folks thought that the BIG interest in Connecticut a few years ago was Football / Womens Basketball. Wake Up Call, NO ONE CARES ABOUT BOARING Women's Basketball. They were examining the potential for a BIG Ice Hockey Conference, and UConn was being examined...
This is quite a post, I have so many questions, so so so many...

Reaction Score
Can’t believe there is an actual fact in this post (women’s basketball)

Reaction Score
LOL. Keep Dreaming that the Loser from Seton Hall is our savior. He will not be. He's a terrible game coach, if you can't see the difference between Coach's Calhoun and Ollie and this New Jersey Clown, you are truly delusional.
I think you are mistaken. Nobody here is bothered by your opinion on what Hurley can or cant do because you just like the rest of us is entitled to your opinion. What people are responding to is the utter silliness of your overall post. In no world is any of what you said in anyway based in fact. You appear to be a delusional hockey fan who should go and enjoy himself among other hockey fans instead of coming here to spew utter nonsense because trolls like you are as you put it quite "boaring".

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Barkeep! I'll have whatever he's having
A prefrontal lobotomy? You should pass. There's no way that whatever wrote that is a functioning human.

oh my doctor GIF by David Firth

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
LOL. Keep Dreaming that the Loser from Seton Hall is our savior. He will not be. He's a terrible game coach, if you can't see the difference between Coach's Calhoun and Ollie and this New Jersey Clown, you are truly delusional.
Absolutely! It is very concerning!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom