Shows that were cancelled too soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shows that were cancelled too soon

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Didn't realize it didn't get picked up. It took a few episodes to find its touch. It started off a bit too much like the annoying sitcom it was trying to reboot. But it got really good and found its soul. Love the writer's room with Boomers and Millennials. My wife watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. I pretended not to like it, but Rachel Bloom is pretty sharp and the music with Adam Schlesinger of Fountain's of Wayne fame was pretty hysterical.

Freaks and Geeks is an obvious one, and the original Arrested Development. Both were ahead of their times. I mean, would Modern Family, The Office and Parks and Rec have worked if they came out when Arrested Development did? My family quotes Arrested Development more than all.

I did like the Netflix Marvel shows. Especially Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Punisher was pretty strong too. I know they ended early because Disney wanted the IP back, but they may have run their courses anyway.

Russian Doll (Netflix), especially season 1, was great. I haven't seen anything about it getting picked up for a season 3. Natasha Lyonne seems to be playing a very similar character in Poker Face on Peacock so that may mean Russian Doll won't be renewed.

Walking Dead.... just kidding. We loved it for years, but stopped years ago. That show was the proverbial beating a dead horse. Maybe the horse was a zombie.

Interesting about some of Nelson's other Netflix cancellations. There are definitely problems with the new age of streaming. First, their goal is now to have enough content (quality or otherwise) to keep you from cancelling. I think they're happy having just a couple quality offerings at any given time. I also find it impossible to go through all of Netflix's original content (so much of which is garbage) to find good options. Unless something gets noticed and gets publicity, it dies.

Comedies seem to get the quickest hooks. Huge in France and Friends from College are better than at least 80% of Netflix content, but lasted 1 and 2 seasons respectively. The Brink (HBO) is genius, and only got one season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Roadies is another I really enjoyed, got axed after 1 season. Showtime I think? Not HBO, but one of those other premium cable channels.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm Dying Up Here is another excellent comedy/drama that got axed after only 2 seasons. Great cast, great premise, very good show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom