Show some love! | The Boneyard

Show some love!

Reaction Score
I know this sounds corny, but once I felt the game was out of reach, I kept my eyes on Lou, knowing this would be the last time I'd get to see her play for UConn. We were so fortunate to have her this year - who would've thought that a player from Fairfield could come in and make such an impact. She sure was a joy to watch.

Reaction Score
I just got done viewing the interviews of Dorka, Lou and Nika. I was deeply touched watching them and realized how fortunate I was to be able to follow the team this year. The class and graciousness they displayed after a painful loss was powerful. I enjoyed the years of four championships in a row but the things I learned from the team this year about expectations, adversity, tenacity and sisterhood has made me a better person. The loss today will fade but the bonds they have formed and lessons learned will continue to grow

Reaction Score
There is no joy in Mudville today, but there is a lot of love in Storrs! I love this team and can hardly wait to see what they can do next Fall. You all have amazed me this season!

Go Nika, and Aaliyah, and Aubrey, and Caroline, and Azzi, and Ayanna, and Amari, and Inês. And welcome back Paige and Ice! And welcome to the Huskies family KK, Ashlynn, Q, and Jana. We can hardly wait to see you all play together.

Reaction Score
Lou is a class act, as are the rest of these young women. The obvious love that they have for one another made this a really special team to watch. Through the ups and downs of an insane season, they stuck together. Everyone who was healthy (or close to it) played; everyone who wasn’t healthy cheered as hard as they could.
The genuine bonds between them drew fans in and made this a very special season. Huge thanks to Lou and Dorka; their contributions to the program were outstanding and we’ll miss them next year. It’s going to be a long spring/summer, but I’m really looking forward to seeing what the rest of these guys can do if healthy.

Reaction Score
This season was never going to be what we originally thought. That does not mean it was unsuccessful. Exposure and development for some and life lessons for others. Next year starts now. Paige can be front and center as I suspect she has intentionally laid back allowing others on the court to lead. Make no mistake the main event will storm college basketball next year. She knows she can't do what Stewart did so best. Way to be legendary know is with historic dominance in a season. Next year her goals will be about undefeated and record margin of victory ! Get your tickets early !!

Reaction Score
What a great season! We all fell in love with everyone of our players, it didnt matter if they were new or new new ( like Jana). I know it didnt end like we wanted it to or hoped it would but look at all the fun we had. look at how much we all cared for our beloved Huskies.
Ive been following UCONN since knew what basketball was (about 30+ years) and I had many heroes from many years of watching UCONN. but I have never fallen in love with a team like I have this one.

Thank you so much class of 2022-2023. This is my very favorite class and I love you all for the thrills and great times youve given to me.

Reaction Score
Great season, it didn't end like we wanted but this group fought so hard through so much. Nothing to hang their heads about. Lou and Dorka were both excellent Huskies. When we lost Paige for the season I thought we could still have a great season. With every new injury that goal took a hit, but our ladies fought like they always do. Big East champs and individual accolades for many players. Proud of this team and look forward to next season and a healthy team.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geez, I've loved watching this team and getting to virtually know them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that UConn will be fully healthy next year; they'll be just as much fun to watch.

Reaction Score
So this year I saw my first in person game, hooked a friend into becoming a big fan, and got to watch this close knit band fight with everything they had through an extreme injury plagued season. The main disappointment is not being able to see them play until next year.
Certainly one of the most exciting and enjoyable Husky seasons.

Reaction Score
Great year and awesome group who dealt with a lot of adversity and kept fighting. The wheels came off at the end, but it happens sometimes.

They represented UCONN extremely well and showed grit, toughness and class along the way. As a fan, I can't really ask for much more from this group!!

Reaction Score
Last night I read through most of the post-game comments of many so-called UCONN WBB fans and was disgusted with their throwing the team under a bus!
The comments all pre-the NCAA Tournament was so excited and thrilled with the improvement by Nika and Aaliyah and others from last year to this!
Then last night a large number of fans (that previously lauded Nika) made statements like, "I can't wait till next season when Paige comes back healthy so we have a real PG!"
I was so upset I signed off and went to bed for a toss and rough night!
I am so proud of these girls for what they had to go through this whole season after what happed the previous season!
They played their hearts out win or lose! Giving us fans many wonderful memories!
If you wrote a book 2 years ago about what was going to occur the next 2 years no-one would believe it!
To think what the thrilling outlook July 1st for the players, coaches, and fans of the upcoming season with Paige, Nika, Azzi, Aaliyah, Caroline Ducharme, Dorka, Aubrey, Ice, Ayanna, Amari, and the incoming transfer Fairfield All-Star, Lou Lopez Senechal!
With that group of players and the best coaching staff in WCBB the sky was the limit then slowly everything started to fall apart!
But the 10 players left tried their hardest to play UCONN style BB!
I hope that those people here that went off on the team don't have kids of their own because when their sons and daughters failed at something (which ALL kids do at some time) how these parents would treat their kids as failures at life!
I wish only good things for the players and coaches as they recover from this major disappointment, and make them work even harder to come back stronger mentally and physically for next season! And to Dorka and Lou thank you for the blood, sweat and tears you showed us this whole season! Best of luck to you in your future!

Reaction Score
I love this Team... and I am sure I will love next years Team too... always pulling for the UCONN Huskies... with my Mike's Mango at the ready.

I am amazed by the restraint shown by the players... I mean, they just lost a game where they didnt play great, and their dreams come tumbling down and a reporter sticks a microphone in their face and asks... "You just lost the most important game of your life... how do you feel??" What do they expect??? I am surprised the players dont reply with..." HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL!!!" But, they never do...they always answer every question with class.

Love the Huskies!! Looking forward to the next season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Last night I read through most of the post-game comments of many so-called UCONN WBB fans and was disgusted with their throwing the team under a bus!
The comments all pre-the NCAA Tournament was so excited and thrilled with the improvement by Nika and Aaliyah and others from last year to this!
Then last night a large number of fans (that previously lauded Nika) made statements like, "I can't wait till next season when Paige comes back healthy so we have a real PG!"
I am so proud of these girls for what they had to go through this whole season after what happed the previous season!
They played their hearts out win or lose! Giving us fans many wonderful memories!
If you wrote a book 2 years ago about what was going to occur the next 2 years no-one would believe it!
To think what the thrilling outlook July 1st for the players, coaches, and fans of the upcoming season with Paige, Nika, Azzi, Aaliyah, Caroline Ducharme, Dorka, Aubrey, Ice, Ayanna, Amari, and the incoming transfer Fairfield All-Star, Lou Lopez Senechal!
With that group of players and the best coaching staff in WCBB the sky was the limit then slowly everything started to fall apart!
I hope that those people here that went off on the team don't have kids of their own because when their sons and daughters failed at something (which ALL kids do at some time) how these parents would treat their kids as failures at life!
I wish only good things for the players and coaches as they recover from this major disappointment, and make them work even harder to come back stronger mentally and physically for next season! And to Dorka and Lou thank you for the blood, sweat and tears you showed us this whole season! Best of luck to you in your future!
Good thing that you didn't login to the Chat room during the game :eek::mad:
9k=(1).jpg

Reaction Score
After the season they endured I have nothing but admiration for the way they kept things together and competed. There is noting in this season that they should be ashamed of. Life doesn't always give you what you want. I applaud them all and wish them the all very best. This group has been one of my favorite Husky teams. Great kids across the board.

Reaction Score
Some folks aren't good at handling a loss. It's so hard what these young ladies do. I see no sign that their pursuit of excellence has been deterred.

Reaction Score
What an amazing group of women we had this year!!! I have been a rabid (yes, I think that is the correct adjective) fan since 1995 and I have been fortunate enough to attend several Final Fours, including our 2014 undefeated season ending victoriously over Notre Dame in Nashville.

However, I have never so thoroughly enjoyed a season like this one. The way these incredible women fought thru endless adversity, with never a complaint, was so inspirational and joyful to watch. I'm so thankful to each and every player, coach and staff. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom