Shout out to Ayanna | The Boneyard

Shout out to Ayanna

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
In 19 minutes Ayanna had 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, a block with only 1 foul and 1 turnover

Very, very nice. I don’t care about the points, those will come. This woman is going to be awesome! She’s already pretty darn good

Reaction Score
In 19 minutes Ayanna had 4 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, a block with only 1 foul and 1 turnover

Very, very nice. I don’t care about the points, those will come. This woman is going to be awesome! She’s already pretty darn good
Maybe I'm remembering what I want to remember, but 2 of her shots kinda skimmed the rim and could easily have dropped. What a difference that would have made to this game as a benchmark for her!

Baseball is a called a game of inches. Basketball is sometimes a game of millimeters.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm remembering what I want to remember, but 2 of her shots kinda skimmed the rim and could easily have dropped. What a difference that would have made to this game as a benchmark for her!

Baseball is a called a game of inches. Basketball is sometimes a game of millimeters.
Yes, she was rushing a little, just inexperience. As I said, I’m not worried about the points.

Ayanna also provided some toughness in the paint and played ok defensively but that will come, too. But I really like how her learning curve took a deep jump upwards yesterday

Reaction Score
When I see Ayanna, the player comp that comes to mind is Giannis Antetokounmpo (nicknamed the greek freak)--just so much raw athleticism and unlimited potential.
usa_today_13711916.0.jpg

Reaction Score
Like her toughness & intensity. I just hope she develops a more polished inside game. A drop step, something. She's pumping once, twice, with no foot movement under the basket, and is being blocked by taller players. if she develops some moves, she will be a true force.

Reaction Score
She needs to hit that midrange and then the point production will follow.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Maybe with a little polish, she will be a regular double-double performer and add significant value to the Team.
Isn't this what we want from every player? I expect that is every player's goal. Ayanna seems to be right on schedule.

Reaction Score

Agree, but I add to that the held ball when she wouldnt let go and went to the floor with Ebo. I welcome that grit.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Like her toughness & intensity. I just hope she develops a more polished inside game. A drop step, something. She's pumping once, twice, with no foot movement under the basket, and is being blocked by taller players. if she develops some moves, she will be a true force.
I think the refs say something about foot movement. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Agree, but I add to that the held ball when she wouldnt let go and went to the floor with Ebo. I welcome that grit.
I think that was KK Bransford and not Ebo

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Geez, tough crowd. She’s played only 7 college games in her life
Thats because we are all excited about her potential. What she needs is to spend 30 minutes in practice going against Aaliyah under the hoop and trying to score. She misses too many lay-ups when guarded, so this is what she has to practice. (Among other things of course). A turn a round, a small hook shot. We know she can rebound, but what she does with that doesn't mean anything if she can't finish. I believe she will eventually be a monster for us under the rim, and for me, the sooner the better. I wish we could get Tina or Stewie to spend a day with her. Who would be better than them to advise her?

Reaction Score

Also, something for the HOME STATE girl to be proud of... on the big stage with family, friends, and
past coaches in attendance. We're proud of you, Yanna! GO Huskies!

Reaction Score
The best thing about the ND-UConn game was her performance. I know it sounds like I'm damning her with faint praise but no, she showed that if she keeps working (and from what I've read here she has a great work ethic) she's definitely going to be a major force to be reckoned with in the future. :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Against Princeton and beyond I am hoping to see her make those blankety-blank lay-ups...open or
thru contact. BTW: her free throw shooting is a heady 80%...albeit a small sample [8-10].
I bet she is in the gym for extra work for close-in moves and lay-ups...we need her bigtime
against quality bigs...of which we will be facing deep in The Dance.

Reaction Score
Thats because we are all excited about her potential. What she needs is to spend 30 minutes in practice going against Aaliyah under the hoop and trying to score. She misses too many lay-ups when guarded, so this is what she has to practice. (Among other things of course). A turn a round, a small hook shot. We know she can rebound, but what she does with that doesn't mean anything if she can't finish. I believe she will eventually be a monster for us under the rim, and for me, the sooner the better. I wish we could get Tina or Stewie to spend a day with her. Who would be better than them to advise her?
She also needs to learn to ball fake and head fake as does Aubrey. Ayanna has a lot of power. The offense will come last but this season will be like two seasons for her and accelerate her development.

Reaction Score
I still say that Ayanna parallels Andre Jackson on the men's side at a similar point in his career. Crazy athleticism and needing to hone basketball skills. Both have great up sides. Jackson further along on that trajectory now, but it looks like Ayanna will continue to parallel that course. Combine that athleticism with some skills development and experience and look out! Athleticism is something you either have, or you don't. You need to be blessed with it, it can't be taught. Other things can be taught.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom