Should the Boneyard Be Represented? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Should the Boneyard Be Represented?

Should there be a BY member representing the fans on the search committee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
This is a serious question. All the stakeholders should be represented including the fans. It would need to be a longtime fan who looks at things with a dispassionate analytical view who has played the game at the college level. I would be unqualified, but we need somebody with those qualifications. Self nomination encouraged.

There are those who would say "that'll be the day". So what? Should it happen?

I will vote Yes.

How do you know we don’t already do?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Spackler is CliffSpliffly
I was never fully convinced of that, but I've had Spliff on ignore for ages, so had forgotten about him.

Never had Carl on ignore.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Riiight ....
It’s not a bad observation. The Nosticals of the world that have the ADs ear, selling the nonsense of progress each year and THIS is the year we’re gonna put it all together… while year over year for 11 straight years we sink to new depths… are enablers of the situation we are in.

Yeah, BY should be as far away from this decision as possible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was never fully convinced of that, but I've had Spliff on ignore for ages, so had forgotten about him.

Never had Carl on ignore.
Was ignore a feature while Carl was here?

Reaction Score
There is only one answer... @Chief00 . He knows Dre and his ...he has educated us on football scheduling...and he fixed football recruiting.

Need I say more?
I have to assume that Chief aleady has a seat at the table!

Was it HuskyDan who was the very passionate fan years back. Had issues staying on the board?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
One appeared when the other disappeared

No way they are the same person. ClifSpliffy doesn't have an angry bone in his body. He slides into batshit crazy mode every once in a while, but I can't imagine him getting angry. He reminds me of Oddball in Kelly's Heroes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Nosticals of the world that have the ADs ear… are enablers of the situation we are in.
Wait till Mazzone turns the offense around on Saturday. He's been studying UConn game film for a while. His offense isn’t that complicated. He is a leader in the one-back, spread offense system. The premise is the same as with most spread offenses; the use of space in an up-tempo style.The basic goals are to get the ball snapped every 18-22 seconds, to play the next play and quickly put behind the last one, with built-in solutions to take advantage of what the defense is presenting. It’s often described as quarterback friendly. He doesn’t employ a large playbook. It’s about executing the basic concept, because each play begins with different formations and those plays vary depending on the defense’s reactions. The quarterback has a run/play option and that’s what gives diversity to a simplified spread offense. Steven Krajewski should flourish in this offense. Bet the Huskies to cover!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Wait till Mazzone turns the offense around on Saturday. He's been studying UConn game film for a while. His offense isn’t that complicated. He is a leader in the one-back, spread offense system. The premise is the same as with most spread offenses; the use of space in an up-tempo style.The basic goals are to get the ball snapped every 18-22 seconds, to play the next play and quickly put behind the last one, with built-in solutions to take advantage of what the defense is presenting. It’s often described as quarterback friendly. He doesn’t employ a large playbook. It’s about executing the basic concept, because each play begins with different formations and those plays vary depending on the defense’s reactions. The quarterback has a run/play option and that’s what gives diversity to a simplified spread offense. Steven Krajewski should flourish in this offense. Bet the Huskies to cover!
I believe you are trolling....but....Sounds like Lashlee's offense....which I like, but obviously isn't going to be installed by Saturday. And...one thing Edsall had right..that style offense can wear out your defense. And we don't want the defense on the field more than necessary when they are facing the triple option.

CL82

Reaction Score
And...one thing Edsall had right..that style offense can wear out your defense
More than three and outs running between the tackles?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Some day you’ll be right for the first time in 15 years and try to say “I told you so” without a hint of irony.

Reaction Score
I hear you but really tight turnaround to install a whole different pace and type offense to what the guys were playing, especially without our top 2 receivers. Hope you are right though.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes actually. Three and outs between the tackles take more time off the clock.
Fair. Still I'd rather at least give the appearance of trying to win out there.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I stand corrected, Medic can be trusted.
Medic is a homer. A patriot, but lacks the vitriol to make an eccentric wild ass choice we need.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom