Shoni wins three point contest | The Boneyard

Shoni wins three point contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Beats Tricia Liston in the girls final and beats a Baylor guy for the overall title. Awesome!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She was amazing.... all 4 rounds she had 22 points. Hit 8 shots in a row to finish

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She's awesome...she's high fiving all the dunk contest guys too.

Reaction Score
And on a Twitter, ESPN tweeted that the Baylor guy won. I didn't see anything about Shoni... Annoying.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Liston is a great shooter. As I've watched Shoni, I've seen that getting her to force a shot off the dribble is the best way to play her. When she comes off a screen and gets a pass, she is deadly. Shoni is an excellent shooter.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The one thing that bugged me was the announcers during the shooting competition. They kept saying that Liston doesn't have a true jump shot and that Shoni starts her shot way too low. They even said she must have to be wide open in order to make a three, because of how she shoots. Um, has any of them seen either of these two play? Shoni doesn't have any trouble getting off her shot. She's Louisville's 2nd all-time leading scorer. Obviously neither of them has a jump shot like Maya's, but both have very quick releases and don't get their shots blocked too often. It was kind of a dumb comment and I didn't really think they needed to compare their shots to how men shoot, because obviously it's going to be a bit different.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The one thing that bugged me was the announcers during the shooting competition. They kept saying that Liston doesn't have a true jump shot and that Shoni starts her shot way too low. They even said she must have to be wide open in order to make a three, because of how she shoots. Um, has any of them seen either of these two play? Shoni doesn't have any trouble getting off her shot. She's Louisville's 2nd all-time leading scorer. Obviously neither of them has a jump shot like Maya's, but both have very quick releases and don't get their shots blocked too often. It was kind of a dumb comment and I didn't really think they needed to compare their shots to how men shoot, because obviously it's going to be a bit different.
I had nothing to do with it. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I still haven't seen anyone in the women's game with Maya's form. Kaleena, to me, has better hands and ball rotation than even Maya, but Maya's elevation and posture are almost Jordanesque.

Sort of like Lee Trevino's, Jim Furyk's, or Arnold Palmer's swing, classic form is probably better, but the bottom line is: "Does it work?" If a kid shoots 40% from the arc in games, it works. If Kaleena shoots 49%, it works very, very well.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I still haven't seen anyone in the women's game with Maya's form. Kaleena, to me, has better hands and ball rotation than even Maya, but Maya's elevation and posture are almost Jordanesque.

From the videos I saw of Gabby, the elevation on her jumper is amazing. Here's hoping for a 100% recovery so we can hundreds of them for 4 years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From the videos I saw of Gabby, the elevation on her jumper is amazing. Here's hoping for a 100% recovery so we can hundreds of them for 4 years.
Amen!

Gabby may be our only player who could high jump better than Maya.

Reaction Score
Shoni is a great shooter. I really appreciate her game and I wish she had chosen RU. Nice to see the ladies beating the men!

Reaction Score
Shoni has always been a streak shooter when she is on - boy is she on. Her WNBA career should be interesting to follow. She has always had a lot of talent, although I feel she has not always optimized it well. Perhaps playing in the WNBA will force her to elevate her efforts to take her game to the level she is capable of reaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom