Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Exactly. It seems that ONO did most of her productive work in the fourth quarter when she paired up with Edwards. Edwards slams around under the basket, drawing the defense to her, and leaving ONO open. Or else, permitting ONO to pass to her down low. Edwards really causes headaches for the opposing team. Whoever is on the floor when Edwards is there benefits.
Space eater.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
BY FAR, THIS TOPIC HAS TO BE THE LONGEST/LARGEST POST GAME TOPIC EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UCONN BONEYARD. BE IT DISCUSSIONS ABOUT CHRISTYN WILLIAMS OR DISCUSSIONS ABOUT ANDRA ESPINOZA HUNTER, PRO or CON, EITHER WAY, THE PASSION EXHIBITED HAS BEEN INCREDIBLE.

HOW TWO INDIVIDUALS CAN SPARK SUCH EMOTIONS IS SIMPLY EXTRAORDINARY

sorry about the Capital Letters
SC Thread this week is twice as long. So NO not even close.

Reaction Score
SC Thread this week is twice as long. So NO not even close.

Well, you are correct. But the SC game was # 1 vs # 2, with UCONN winning. This was # 1 vs. # 2 in the Big East, and not as big of a impactful game, but for the amount of posts for the SHU game, it was indeed, "Incredible"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, you are correct. But the SC game was # 1 vs # 2, with UCONN winning. This was # 1 vs. # 2 in the Big East, and not as big of a impactful game, but for the amount of posts for the SHU game, it was indeed, "Incredible"
Marquette post-game thread bigger. Course you keep packing this one. Not incredible.

Reaction Score
1613144353009.png

Reaction Score
Yes he has and because he wins it makes ok? Many coaches have been roasted on BY for these types of action. My point is simple address them behind close doors.

You initially asked a question albeit a bit rhetorical as to how what he did builds up the player. Isn't it his job to win - and a byproduct is to build player's confidence up? His job is one of which coaches get fired for not winning more than anything else imo.

Some BYers will complain about other teams/coaches no matter what so they are the standard to which to judge?

It's not like the team has went off on him like some other coaches. You as a fan are complaining but how many players have complained about Geno? You said you weren't sure how this helps build up a player, correct?

Please I mean no offense no offense I fear you are going to take this wrong -- please don't. But where is the complaining other than you and a few handful of fans? If you were questioning Geno's methods because you think he is humiliating them in such a manner that's offensive- which players have come out and supported your opinion?

He wins with his style and players don't complain about it. If players don't complain about it- matter of fact players seem to welcome it - because they flock to UCONN - then maybe it's not near as bad as you think? My point is your right and wrong is not the same as others in all cases but you aren't in this same environment they live in, are you (who knows? maybe you are :) I say this in fun-- is that you Muffitt?)? So, maybe you need to walk in their shoes of both player and coach to understand. Please don't take this post the wrong way. :) You're belief of "what's right and wrong what's ok" apparently is not the player or coaches beliefs of "what's right and wrong ok what's ok."

Anyhow If you want to reply- go for it. I've said my peace. :)

Reaction Score
You initially asked a question albeit a bit rhetorical as to how what he did builds up the player. Isn't it his job to win - and a byproduct is to build player's confidence up? His job is one of which coaches get fired for not winning more than anything else imo.

Some BYers will complain about other teams/coaches no matter what so they are the standard to which to judge?

It's not like the team has went off on him like some other coaches. You as a fan are complaining but how many players have complained about Geno? You said you weren't sure how this helps build up a player, correct?

Please I mean no offense no offense I fear you are going to take this wrong -- please don't. But where is the complaining other than you and a few handful of fans? If you were questioning Geno's methods because you think he is humiliating them in such a manner that's offensive- which players have come out and supported your opinion?

He wins with his style and players don't complain about it. If players don't complain about it- matter of fact players seem to welcome it - because they flock to UCONN - then maybe it's not near as bad as you think? My point is your right and wrong is not the same as others in all cases but you aren't in this same environment they live in, are you (who knows? maybe you are :) I say this in fun-- is that you Muffitt?)? So, maybe you need to walk in their shoes of both player and coach to understand. Please don't take this post the wrong way. :) You're belief of "what's right and wrong what's ok" apparently is not the player or coaches beliefs of "what's right and wrong ok what's ok."

Anyhow If you want to reply- go for it. I've said my peace. :)
My reply is simple.
I'm done with topic and on to Supporting My Huskies and Coach. Period.
Let's Goooo UCONN??????

Reaction Score
Half of the time she shoots those shots it is as an afterthought because she is so wide open and no one can cut because the lane is clogged. A basketball novice can see that she is not comfortable or confident shooting from the high post. To cite her shooting percentage based on layups as evidence to the contrary is absurd. Her 60% foul shooting is more indicative of her lack of any touch from 15 feet. The fact is she is an enigma as a player, a big with some skill but really no position. And she certainly has some skill but for whatever reasons, she has not gotten appreciably stronger nor rid herself of some terrible habits in her three years at Uconn. Her move to the high post IMO was an effort to unclog the lane to allow more movement and also to allow her and Edwards to play some together. However, it has certainly not unclogged the lane because teams have decided to not cover her, or haven’t you noticed?
Liv's outside shot is better than CW's or haven't you noticed? Liv also brings a lot more to the table such as rebounds, blocked shots, assists, intimidation and ball-movement, or haven't you noticed? Liv and CW have eggzackly the same FT%, [60%], so would you tell our so-called 'shooting guard' to NOT take a wide-open jumper from the foul line area? I think not.
It would be wonderful if Liv could shoot 60% on foul line jumpers; that would help the team immensely, eh?
IMO Liv is the #2 player on the #1 team in the country .. and despite her 'terrible habits' will win multiple post-season awards .. AND be a lottery pick.
If you are not comfortable with the team's shot selection(s), you should criticise Geno, not Liv. Geno runs the show and has a pretty good reputation.

Reaction Score
To make a unsolicited statement, about a player and showing open frustration in the interview is overstating?

"She's on Island somewhere.", C'mon Geno read the room.

Handling things in house is okay too. Called protecting your players. Especially when they already have a bullseye ? on their back.
Liv's outside shot is better than CW's or haven't you noticed? Liv also brings a lot more to the table such as rebounds, blocked shots, assists, intimidation and ball-movement, or haven't you noticed? Liv and CW have eggzackly the same FT%, [60%], so would you tell our so-called 'shooting guard' to NOT take a wide-open jumper from the foul line area? I think not.
It would be wonderful if Liv could shoot 60% on foul line jumpers; that would help the team immensely, eh?
IMO Liv is the #2 player on the #1 team in the country .. and despite her 'terrible habits' will win multiple post-season awards .. AND be a lottery pick.
If you are not comfortable with the team's shot selection(s), you should criticise Geno, not Liv. Geno runs the show and has a pretty good reputation.
You can have all the opinions you want, what you don’t have evidently is much reading comprehension. I never said she shouldn’t shoot, I said your assertion that she is a good shooter from the high post because of her FG% from layups primarily against players 3-5 inches shorter than her is absurd. I also said she has skills but no position. Address that if you are capable, but I have my doubts.

Reaction Score
I agree that Liv is the #2 most important player on the team. Depending on the game though she may be anywhere between the #1 to #6 best player on the team. That inconsistency can be a headscratcher for me.

Reaction Score
You can have all the opinions you want, what you don’t have evidently is much reading comprehension. I never said she shouldn’t shoot, I said your assertion that she is a good shooter from the high post because of her FG% from layups primarily against players 3-5 inches shorter than her is absurd. I also said she has skills but no position. Address that if you are capable, but I have my doubts.
Yeah i m capable and I can read; I can show you my MENSA card if you have doubts. What are your credentials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom