Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't agree, Wbbfan1. Everyone always says don't look back. Can't help it. If Andra had stayed, she'd be starting instead of Christyn, and UConn would have a much more reliable 3-point shooter to take some of the pressure off Paige. If only.
You have NO idea what happened behind closed doors concerning AEH! Coach Auriemma is tough, but he does not have a reputation of running kids out of the program for no reason. I'm sure whatever reason Geno had for severing ties with AEH was valid and goes far deeper than her play on the court, there is a chance that she would have been a distraction if she stayed at UConn and they would not nearly be as good as they are.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't agree, Wbbfan1. Everyone always says don't look back. Can't help it. If Andra had stayed, she'd be starting instead of Christyn, and UConn would have a much more reliable 3-point shooter to take some of the pressure off Paige. If only.
If only indeed. 3-point shooting is not the only way to help this team though. If AEH were on this current UCONN team Nika, Anna, CW and Evina would all still be ahead of her in the rotation because they are superior defenders to AEH and not significantly behind AEH as measured by career 3Pt FG%. If only AEH could play "some" defense then she might not have seen her minutes and role diminish so drastically at her prior stop. just sayin!

Reaction Score
If you look at look at close-ups of Christyn, you will see that it is not really Christyn Williams. Geno has found a lookalike to impersonate Christyn and lull other teams into a false sense of security. He will return the real Christyn to the lineup for the NCAA tournament and we will win the championship. Just look at photos of her from recent games. Is that the Christyn we know and love?
Haha! :)

Reaction Score
Until we can shoot 40% from 3 point land this will continue. Might be a good time to give 10-15 minutes in these unranked opponent games to our new freshman and Mir. We will need them to be more than mop up players. Don't give up on Williams, give her direct play driving opportunities and pullups. With Edwards earning extended inside play along with Griffin, Williams has less opportunity to shine inside but she is clever there and being a lefty is confusing to opponents. We need her experience so find a way to keep her involved.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Until we can shoot 40% from 3 point land this will continue. Might be a good time to give 10-15 minutes in these unranked opponent games to our new freshman and Mir. We will need them to be more than mop up players. Don't give up on Williams, give her direct play driving opportunities and pullups. With Edwards earning extended inside play along with Griffin, Williams has less opportunity to shine inside but she is clever there and being a lefty is confusing to opponents. We need her experience so find a way to keep her involved.
We should be looking to Mir for 3Pt shooting? Reminds me of a story Geno told regarding Kerry Bascom. Kerry had made it through her entire freshman year only attempting three 3Pt shots. Near the end of the season as Geno was walking out of the gym after a practice his curiosity got the best of him. Geno said to Kerry "I just want to see what will happen get behind that line and I'll throw you the ball and you shoot it." The following season Kerry would go on to shoot 126 3Pt and made 47%. You never know....

Reaction Score
I mentioned this during the game chat but no one picked it up so I'll try again for general information. Some here were wondering about what is happening with Anna, myself included. Well during a timeout late in the SH game I happened to notice that Anna was not wearing the boot! That is a good sign that something positive is happening!

I am hoping the discussion of AEH ends after this game.No one knows what actually occurred and it is not our business. I happen to really like other posts by some who won't let this go but if it happens outside this thread I will have to do something I have only done once. I refuse to read any more of this. It is poisoning our group.

Another thing no one seems to even consider. We are watching kids perform. College age kids of course but only young adults. They have issues in their life that are not always team related that could be affecting them. Injury, health, relationship issues, family or other personal problems - all can negatively impact on the game or mental health. Just try to remember that.

Lastly Liv is doing exactly what Geno wants her to do. She is not built like a defensive lineman. Get over it. She is quick, agile, has a soft touch, can pass extremely well, and is being played where she can have success. Come on some of you - she had a double double! I hope her shooting percent continues to improve.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I mentioned this during the game chat but no one picked it up so I'll try again for general information. Some here were wondering about what is happening with Anna, myself included. Well during a timeout late in the SH game I happened to notice that Anna was not wearing the boot! That is a good sign that something positive is happening!
Good catch regarding Anna during the game and hopefully she is closer to playing. On a not so positive note Meg mentioned a "back injury" for Evina prior to the last game. My heart skip a beat and I'm almost afraid to go back and confirm what I heard. I hope Meg misspoke and meant Aubrey but I'm pretty sure I heard Evina.

Reaction Score
Disagree with all those points! Who in their right mind has said anything about going away from Paige? You're making this up. Maybe the Pete Maravich analogy isn't so far-fetched as you see it. Maybe it's best for everyone concerned if she just shoots every time.
Over-coaching is when you try to "squeeze blood from a turnip". (Geno could be doing that a tad) Your job as a coach is to have your players GEL as a cohesive unit, playing to their fullest potential individually and as a unit. When you've at least approached or glimpsed at that level of excellence, you know it and they know it and they will never forget it. (Geno knows what it feels like more than almost any mortals) It isn't about wins. Wins take care of themselves. It's wins at UConn because he has created the best program and he is able to recruit excellent players.
Pheesa trusted Geno and the staff and program to get her to where she wanted to go. There is a whole roster over there that has similar sentiments, including the best player in WCBB at the moment.

One issue at a time. What am I making up? You replied to my posts implying I was wrong, didn't you? It's why you said we always "cross paths?" If we are crossing paths it means we have a disagreement, right? So in this instance specifically regarding Paige - what am I making up?

The last post you re-clarified your position on what you believe. I did the same. You made a point about Collier too - I guessed it was because you want to see more players? If not, then what was the point of Collier?

To restate what I said though-- I don't care what offensive sets are created. I said I'm fine with your or anyone else's offensive sets. I did not argue. I'm indifferent.

All l I said was that I want Paige to be a feature in the offense and get the ball as much as possible in big games. I don't care what kind of offense. But in big games give the ball to Paige unless other players such as Evina and/or CWill get hot. It's what I believe regarding utilizing the best player in America. Just clarifying that point. So what am I making up?

If you agree with this-- then what is it that you think we are arguing regarding Paige?

Reaction Score
Most people here had high expectations of AEH's class and, initially, they thought that she had what it took to be a great contributor. When she decided to leave, most, including Geno, wished her well and she has done well, as witnessed by her performance yesterday. Even though Geno is the best coach in basketball, he is not the best coach for everybody. He has wrestled with Nika Muhl, who wanted to do things her way. It may have been that AEH wanted to play her way as well and would not give in, as Nika evidently has. So AEH and UCONN parted ways. I am happy for her success with her program.

Reaction Score
One issue at a time. What am I making up? You replied to my posts implying I was wrong, didn't you? It's why you said we always "cross paths?" If we are crossing paths it means we have a disagreement, right? So in this instance specifically regarding Paige - what am I making up?

The last post you re-clarified your position on what you believe. I did the same. You made a point about Collier too - I guessed it was because you want to see more players? If not, then what was the point of Collier?

To restate what I said though-- I don't care what offensive sets are created. I said I'm fine with your or anyone else's offensive sets. I did not argue. I'm indifferent.

All l I said was that I want Paige to be a feature in the offense and get the ball as much as possible in big games. I don't care what kind of offense. But in big games give the ball to Paige unless other players such as Evina and/or CWill get hot. It's what I believe regarding utilizing the best player in America. Just clarifying that point. So what am I making up?

If you agree with this-- then what is it that you think we are arguing regarding Paige?
I'm not clarifying jack! Reread it if you want to. It's all good!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Most people here had high expectations of AEH's class and, initially, they thought that she had what it took to be a great contributor. When she decided to leave, most, including Geno, wished her well and she has done well, as witnessed by her performance yesterday. Even though Geno is the best coach in basketball, he is not the best coach for everybody. He has wrestled with Nika Muhl, who wanted to do things her way. It may have been that AEH wanted to play her way as well and would not give in, as Nika evidently has. So AEH and UCONN parted ways. I am happy for her success with her program.
Not picking on your post but it illustrates one of the reasons why this saga will never end. She did not decide to leave, she was asked to leave. If you even slightly grasp the history of this program you will understand the gravity of that difference.

Reaction Score
I harken back to the interview just posted this week by Pheesa about why she chose UConn. In that piece she advised recruits to choose a school in which they will prosper. As much as some BY'ers think a player is just going to camp behind the 3-point line and jack up 3-pointers for their career, UConn cultivates basketball players.
She obviously is not that. She can hit open 3-pointers but she falls short in basically all other categories. She attempted a few drives yesterday and AG basically took the ball away from her.
Like Pheesa said, AEH found a decent place to play and prosper. Good for her! As hard as we try to put her in a UConn uniform, she'll never have the stuff of a Mir or Nika, or AG.

Reaction Score
Not picking on your post but it illustrates one of the reasons why this saga will never end. She did not decide to leave, she was asked to leave. If you even slightly grasp the history of this program you will understand the gravity of that difference.

1613092608420.png

Reaction Score
That's pretty much what he's doing. You're just describing the current state of affairs. Maybe this is why we always end up crossing paths. I think we can get better. If playing the big German kid makes your team better, then you have to have the foresight to play the big German kid. It's always about being the best you can be. That's the ultimate prize. It's the best result for everyone. Listen to Pheesa's video on why she came to UConn. It's more than winning games. Like Wooden said, the winning will take care of itself.

This isn't clarifying your point about the German kid and foresight and the ultimate prize and what Collier said, and what Wooden said?

Secondly, again --
What am I making up? You replied to my posts implying I was wrong, didn't you? It's why you said we always "cross paths?" If we are crossing paths it means we have a disagreement, right? So in this instance specifically regarding Paige - what am I making up?

Reaction Score
You are correct that she was asked to leave. You are also correct that I do not have the grasp of UCONN history that you do. Still, I do not appreciate the sarcasm. I also stand by my point that Geno is not for everybody.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You are correct that she was asked to leave. You are also correct that I do not have the grasp of UCONN history that you do. Still, I do not appreciate the sarcasm. I also stand by my point that Geno is not for everybody.
There was absolutely no sarcasm intended on my part. Geno is absolutely not for everybody.

Reaction Score
You have no idea what would've happened.

This would be like saying Geno wishes he had Kelsey Mitchell because then he'd have another scorer.

Reaction Score
With her defense, she'd still be riding the bench.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That's when you get bit - games where you least expect it. Come out slow, other team plays out of its mind or gets hot from 3, and there ya go. Even Stewie and Co. had some close calls notably that one game down at Tulane.
That one game down in Tulane was after the South Carolina game where Kia twisted her ankle for win #100. Lou, Pheesa, Gabby, Saniya, and Crystal were the starting 5, scored all 63 points. While Butler and Irwin played 11 and 8 minutes and didn't score a point. Stewie and Co. had already graduated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom