Seton Hall Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Seton Hall game:
  • The highlight tonight was a wonderful pregame story on the non-profit that Batouly Camara founded: Women and Children Empowerment. After that it got pretty ugly, until the 4th qtr.
  • Seton Hall came out tonight more focused than UConn, and it showed. Hopefully, it’s a teachable moment for these Huskies not to take any team for granted.
  • Props to Aubrey for her all-around hustle, Aaliyah for banging in the paint, Paige for waking up in the 2nd half, Evina for doing a little bit of everything and Liv for realizing she's 6’5”.
  • For a while there, it looked like UConn was going to give away the #1 ranking before they really had a chance to try it on for size.
  • Let’s take the win and burn the game film.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is it time for Geno to pull the plug on Williams? The team almost always plays better when she is not on the court.
I would have argued against it until tonight. Christyn is not a great shooter, but she has lost all feel for her shot. Not sure what's going on in her head, but it can't be good.

Reaction Score
Thought they might be "hung over" a bit after the South Carolina game. They certainly looked it the first half. Finally woke up and played better in the second half. At least the scoring was more distributed this time.

Reaction Score
Brutal first 2-1/2 quarters. They seemed to find their legs after that.

Feeling bad for CW. She could not play more poorly if she did it on purpose. Not sure what can be done. She has to figure it out herself.

Nice game for Liv.

EW was great tonight.

Nika was okay, a little underwhelming

AE did a great job in paint. They need to use this more. Against Seton Hall she could have scored 20 easy.

AG was average I thought.

Paige pulled it up, and finished strong after a slow start.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I said it in the game thread. I'm done criticizing CW. It's gotten to the really sad point where her confidence is, well, shot. Every time she goes up I cringe. It's painful to watch and must be much more painful to experience. From now on she'll get nothing but encouragement from me.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
One comment, two questions
  • AE needs to play 25-30 minutes per game
  • Would bringing CW off the bench help her bust out of this slump or hurt her confidence?
  • How long can we last with only one primary scoring option?
CW is a Junior if removing her from starting lineup at this points hurts her confidence then she probably never had it. I would vote not to remove her. That injury that caused her to miss a game might be worst than first thought give her two games.
Paige can take us a long way but not across the finish line to a championship.

Reaction Score
The Good:

1. Bounce back game from ONO
2. Great game from EW
3. Another "Spark Plug" game from Aubrey Griffin
4. Terrific game off the bench from AE
5. Steady Game again from Paige

The Bad:

1. CW looks lost out there and maybe needs to come off the bench to send her a message
2. Nika did not have an exceptionally strong game tonight
3. UCONN has to stop with these slow starts to games.

Reaction Score
At this point I think AE deserves to be a starter over Williams. The only thing that was giving me pause was that we would need William's offense, but she's shooting so bad that it doesn't even matter anymore. If her shot is not falling she does not provide much of anything else.

Reaction Score
Welcome back Evina. Nice Job. Overall it was a lackluster game without much to get excited about. With all the flankers going up I thought a nice experiment would be to send out Saylor for a few minutes to try and generate some offense.Evina with an A,Olivia also an A,Paige with a B+, Aubrey B, Aaliya B, Nika C+,and "Where are you"Christyn C-.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
2nd half maybe B+ or so, 1st half, D+. Seton Hall was ready and showed they deserve to be in the NCAA. AEH has been a great addition for them, and it seems she's matured a lot so good for her. Was the team tired? Letdown? They certainly played much better in the 2nd half and wore SHU down.

Paige - missed some shots in the 1st half and some sloppy turnovers, but another stellar scoring night for NPOY.

Evina - she just does so much. 12 points on 50% shooting, 1 block, 3 steals, 7 assists, 8 boards. The 3-ball abandoned her tonight but she scored other ways and did a lot more than score.

Props to Olivia - a really solid night for her. She had like 5 boards in just a few minutes in Q4 - but 15/13 is a really good night for her.

Nika seemed a bit off, but no one is more intense than her. She will be fine.

Both LIya and Aubrey were stellar. Aubrey is the energizer bunny for the team.

Christyn, I got nothing to say except 2 thumbs down.

Overall, win and move on. 21 point win over a pesky SHU team. Rooting for them to make the big dance big time. They are the only team besides DePaul with a louder coach than Geno LOL!!!

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's a win. You take them anyway you can get them. I know many don't like ugly games but not every game is going to be pretty basketball.

Team came out flat/ tired. Not unexpected. Looked a little better in the second quarter.

Second half completely different. Outscored the Hall 44 - 22. Paige, Liv, E, Aaliyah all in double figures and Liv with a double/ double.

I like the offense with Liv up top. Her ability to pass is making a big difference. The consistent motion has her getting free to go down the lane. It may be time to sit Christyn. She is a streak shooter but her shot has left her. Her ability to drive the lane is missing. Maybe Aubrey should start. Still like Aaliyah coming off the bench. She impacts the boards and defense immediately.

And kudos to Seton Hall. They came to play and play hard and scrappy they did. They have a legit shot at making the tourny as the 3rd team out of the Big East.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The Good:

1. Bounce back game from ONO
2. Great game from EW
3. Another "Spark Plug" game from Aubrey Griffin
4. Terrific game off the bench from AE
5. Steady Game again from Paige

The Bad:

1. CW looks lost out there and maybe needs to come off the bench to send her a message
2. Nika did not have an exceptionally strong game tonight
3. UCONN has to stop with these slow starts to games.
Must have been hell for you to get through that post without mentioning AEH. Sleep well on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom