Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ugggh, ugly game, but a win which is always welcome. Seton Hall came to play, and AEH had a thing or two she wanted to show Geno. Gotta' give the Hall credit for some tough, aggressive play especially in the first half. UConn was playing tired and completely out of sorts at time, but as always, the crème eventually rises to the top. Mrs. Gigio has diagnosed what has gotten in Williams head...PB! Once again, I think she is correct.

Reaction Score
Kaizen, you're right. Not great. Sometimes you just win. On to the next game vs Georgetown. Olivia and Evina were tonight's best players. Paige looked extremely tired. Forty-five minutes on Monday. All but 2+ minutes before the half tonight. Geno needs to get her more rest.

Reaction Score
I really feel for her, you can see it in her face and demeanor

She needs a shot doctor
CW needs to come off the bench. She should watch the game for a bit see and feel the flow and then join in where she fits in. She has to regain her confidence. Geno may be able to help somewhat, but ultimately it will be up to her.

Reaction Score
At this point I think AE deserves to be a starter over Williams. The only thing that was giving me pause was that we would need William's offense, but she's shooting so bad that it doesn't even matter anymore. If her shot is not falling she does not provide much of anything else.
Looking ahead, where does she play next year? Muhl is the PG of the future, Paige and Azzi are generational players and ONO needs Edwards on the court to be an effective player. Without injury, there is no role.

Reaction Score
Post game analysis by SNY they say the team was tired in the first half. Thats not it, its when you are missing shots and turnovers you lose energy. In the second half the shots started falling and the energy came back. CW is a concern as she was not only missing, but air balling ( even aired a point blank layup)

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
They won. Paige sluggish start. EW and Ono nice games. First time Nika had no energy. AG and AG okay. CW is just lost offensively and it hurts. Bring on Georgetown.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As bad as many aspects of tonight's game were, once again UConn dug down deep on the defensive end holding the Pirates to 49 pts and 30.4% shooting while forcing 19 turnovers. It's hard to lose when playing defense like that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looking ahead, where does she play next year? Muhl is the PG of the future, Paige and Azzi are generational players and ONO needs Edwards on the court to be an effective player. Without injury, there is no role.
Muhl is the pG of the future?
Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
More satisfying win for me than SC, because as I said, Paige can’t always be great so others need to contribute and not stand and watch. It’s just ONO and Williams. ONO did play good today but how much taller than them was she. She did fight hard today though so I’ll give her that. She makes good passes it’s just she needs to be a force or scorer closer to the basket like Edwards who does exactly what she is supposed to do. Williams needs a one on one from Geno or one of the other coaches because she is struggling and you can see it affecting her. I think she needs to somehow have the stress on her taken away.... not sure how but the pressure is affecting her. She is not having fun and she needs to play freely and stress free. She doesn’t need to be benched. Really she just needs to only drive all the way to the basket all game and let the chips fall where they may.

Reaction Score
CW is a winner and she'll be back. Be nice if they would play to her strength. She seems to get stuck in this pick offense that doesn't have any rythm. Liv, AE and AG lack of shooting clogs her pathways to the basket. Look forward to Geno helping her get her groove back.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would save that concern until next season. This season, Geno has to figure out how to salvage Christyn's game. Right now she reminds me of a golfer with the yips.

Reaction Score
Is it time for Geno to pull the plug on Williams? The team almost always plays better when she is not on the court.
I think the coaches have given her every opportunity to snap out of her slump. I actually believe they would be helping her by taking her out of the starting lineup. Bring her in off the bench and help take the pressure off. I can’t think of any other way to help her help herself.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
CW is a winner and she'll be back. Be nice if they would play to her strength. She seems to get stuck in this pick offense that doesn't have any rythm. Liv, AE and AG lack of shooting clogs her pathways to the basket. Look forward to Geno helping her get her groove back.
What exactly do you have in mind when you say the team should play to her strength. What are we talking about here? She afriggin JR in this offense.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This is the second straight game in which the offense started (in the first quarter of each game) with Liv out high, and with the defense ignoring her there while covering the people that she might pass to. In both games, she reacted by taking several foul line jump shots and missing most of them. In my opinion, that is the root cause of the slow starts in both games.

In the second half tonight, it looked as if Geno made an adjustment to have Liv posting low rather than high. In that position, she has to draw defensive attention. She may get immediate double teams and not be able to score down there, but she can pass to others who will then be open to shoot, and that is better percentage bet than her shots from the elbow. That is especially true if Christyn is either shooting effectively or not playing, as Geno also discovered in the third quarter.

By next season, Liv absolutely has to make that 15-foot shot reliable -- it should be her top improvement priority, even over developing a hook shot. The midrange jump shot, if it works, would turbocharge the entire offense. I think that is an attainable goal for her.

Reaction Score
I don't think CW has any confidence right now to hurt.
AE’s chances of playing that many minutes only happens if she can stay out of foul trouble. She is being brought along at the right pace. Her future is bright.
Until AE becomes a threat to hit a jumper that won’t happen, especially given AG is useless five feet or more from basket.

Reaction Score
My how Geno has mellowed no snark at the half or post game.
Mom always said if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. #2 vs #65.....
I'm going to sit this one out. ;)

Reaction Score
I really feel for Williams but at this point, she's really holding back the team. I think Georgetown is the chance to bring her in off the bench and see what she does. It's not just the shots not falling, it's the poor shot selection and the poor decision making spilling over into every other aspect of her game. While I'm a proponent of shooting yourself out of a slump, that only works if you are still impacting the game elsewhere. I think Geno needs to start AE and have CW come off the bench on Friday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I really feel for Williams but at this point, she's really holding back the team. I think Georgetown is the chance to bring her in off the bench and see what she does. It's not just the shots not falling, it's the poor shot selection and the poor decision making spilling over into every other aspect of her game. While I'm a proponent of shooting yourself out of a slump, that only works if you are still impacting the game elsewhere. I think Geno needs to start AE and have CW come off the bench on Friday.
I actually thought all of Christyn's shot attempts were good ones. That's what makes it so frustating. She's getting good looks and she's throwing up airballs and laying bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom