Seton Hall falls to Marquette | The Boneyard

Seton Hall falls to Marquette

Reaction Score
terrible final call, but hall didn't deserve to win. can't give up 44 to marquette in the first half after letting depaul score 52 (!!) in the first half the previous game.

truly infuriating to watch richmond play so badly too, haha.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall, a team that is 2-4 in conference and has one good OOC win, gets a thread when they lose on the road as an underdog.

Reaction Score
What's the rule on contact to the face? Why isn't an elbow to the face reviewable there?

Reaction Score
I think our W at Marquette is gonna look very good in the scope of the Big East. Remember, PC also went there and got blasted.
Outside of Villanova and PC, the league is kind of beating itself up at this point. A win vs Butler on Tuesday would put us in 3rd place. Kind of crazy because it seems like we have struggled a bit, but so has mostly everyone else.

Reaction Score
I think our W at Marquette is gonna look very good in the scope of the Big East. Remember, PC also went there and got blasted.
it's definitely a solid win, but remember neither UConn or Marquette was at full strength. UConn was missing Sanogo and Marquette was missing Morsell.

Reaction Score
This is a good result for us I think. Need the @Marquette win to stay Quad 1, and this will put Marquette solidly in the NCAA tournament field. We should have won @Seton Hall but we'll get our shot for revenge. No chance Seton Hall stays ranked now though.

truly infuriating to watch richmond play so badly too, haha.
For sure. Imagining that this is how Auburn fans felt seeing Polley miss literally every single shot he took in the Bahamas after he went off for 24 against them.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
The refereeing in the NBA is so much better and more consistent than college. College refs anticipate calls too often.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

Yup

This play is exactly why you don’t just swallow the whistle at the end of games

You call the first one and there’s no problems

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The refereeing in the NBA is so much better and more consistent than college. College refs anticipate calls too often.

I guess it’s changed in 10 years.

Do certain players still get clearly preferential treatment?

Are players still taking 4 steps?

Do they ever call a carry?

Nba officials used to be awful, beyond abysmal. I’m skeptical that this take is accurate.

Reaction Score
Borzello is right tough call at the end,but there was clearly a foul that should have been called before that when Hall player grabed arm. I’m surprised TV guys didn’t see it or say anything.

Reaction Score
That was a horrendous call to end it, it's either an offensive foul or a no call. Refs are brutal across college hoops.
Absolutely horrible, both ways. I'm glad the Hall lost but the calls in this game were laughable.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Or they assume too often when they didn’t have a good angle to see what happened. I’d rather they let the play go when that happens unless it’s something clearly egregious.

Reaction Score

Nba officials used to be awful, beyond abysmal. I’m skeptical that this take is accurate.

Well now that 3 steps is the least of their worries in the NBA you will every once in a while catch a 4 stepper. NBA reffing is like watching the WWF depends who’s playing. College refereeing isn’t great but they try to make the right calls.

Reaction Score

We should be as happy as anyone they don’t call the carry anymore as both RJ and Gaff do this often. But it’s such an advantage now you can use one dribble for 2 steps or more. But it’s the way the game is.

It’s no different than the guy who catches a pass coming out from the corner to the top and takes 2 steps to stop. They never call that anymore.

Reaction Score
It's a tough call. Aiken established legal guarding position, but then moves. It's okay to move, but you can't move forward into the offensive player and create contact. Aiken gets hit in the head, so it seems like all the contact was by Marquette player, but it's hard for official to see in the moment if he's still moving forward. Aiken put himself in a bad position with his movements.

Reaction Score
The momentum totally shifted about 7 minutes to go when Marquette had two straight possessions that pumped up the crowd and moved the needle: the Lewis dunk followed by the Morsell three.

Man, Bryce Aiken is just too easy of a guy to hate. Incredible talent, but he has such a punchable face.

On the flip, Justin Lewis is such a fun guy to watch. Marquette is a fun team to watch and root for.

Also, Dickey Simpkins needs to get off FS1. I can’t stand him.

Last point, it was a ton of fun watching Willard straight lose it on the refs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a tough call. Aiken established legal guarding position, but then moves. It's okay to move, but you can't move forward into the offensive player and create contact. Aiken gets hit in the head, so it seems like all the contact was by Marquette player, but it's hard for official to see in the moment if he's still moving forward. Aiken put himself in a bad position with his movements.
I agree it was a tough call to make but I do NOT think it was a horrible call. Aiken could have done a better job not making contact.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall has some of the same issues we do. Suspect (and not deep) PG play
Very fair. You could argue that Bryce Aiken and Jamir Harris are more combo guard than point guard...you can say the same for RJ Cole (as Donny Marshall says all the time) and Jalen Gaffney. Kadary Richmond has some similarities to Andre Jackson, too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom