September non-UConn recruiting thread | The Boneyard

September non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Southern Cal is hosting a trio of 2023 recruits on campus on unofficial visits: Breya Cunninghan, Juju Watkins, and Sammie Wagner.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I realize those are just unofficial visits...but what are they selling at USC? Absolute mediocrity for about a quarter century, can't understand how they get any top recruits to consider them. It must be the 800 dedicated fans that show up to their home games. :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I realize those are just unofficial visits...but what are they selling at USC? Absolute mediocrity for about a quarter century, can't understand how they get any top recruits to consider them. It must be the 800 dedicated fans that show up to their home games. :rolleyes:

Good education... probably one of the best in the Pac 12... (top 4??) ... location... some kids might prefer going to a school in LA as opposed to Pullman, Corvallis, Eugene, Tucson.,.. et al. Plus they have nice uniforms.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Good education... probably one of the best in the Pac 12... (top 4??) ... location... some kids might prefer going to a school in LA as opposed to Pullman, Corvallis, Eugene, Tucson.,.. et al. Plus they have nice uniforms.
If they want LA, there's always that other school. Where they actually win games, qualify for post season, have fans that attend the games, silly stuff like that.

And if it's about the colors, Minnesota should be killing it in recruiting, because it's the same color scheme.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I bet Oregon is glad Sabrina did not think that way. What was Oregon but mediocre or less before she chose to go there.:p

Reaction Score
Some kids want to go to a school to help make it relevant again after a down period. That's what happened to Maryland in 2003-04 when Shay Doron and Crystal Langhorne signed with Maryland in consecutive years. The two years they won the national championship.

Reaction Score
If they want LA, there's always that other school. Where they actually win games, qualify for post season, have fans that attend the games, silly stuff like that.
with better uniforms.

Reaction Score
Some kids want to go to a school to help make it relevant again after a down period. That's what happened to Maryland in 2003-04 when Shay Doron and Crystal Langhorne signed with Maryland in consecutive years. The two years they won the national championship.
Nothing wrong with that now.

Reaction Score
Coach Lindsay and her coaching staff slowly putting pieces together to have Southern Cal back among the elite programs in the country.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I thought Maryland won the NC in 2006. I don't remember Maryland winning in 2003 and 2004. Am I missing something?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I’m really intrigued by all the talent in South Carolina in the next few classes. If Staley can manage to keep them all in state there is gonna be some major talent overlap there. Good problem to have. Just wondering if any of them decide to go elsewhere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

And if it's about the colors, Minnesota should be killing it in recruiting, because it's the same color scheme.

Slight difference.... Minnesota is like maroon... while USC (the real one) is more of a burgundy

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I’m really intrigued by all the talent in South Carolina in the next few classes. If Staley can manage to keep them all in state there is gonna be some major talent overlap there. Good problem to have. Just wondering if any of them decide to go elsewhere.
We’ll sign most… I doubt we sign all. But you never know… we’ve done a great job recruiting Cooper, Watkins, Fulwiley, Edwards and others in state.

I think Cooper is the most likely to leave the state and I believe Fulwiley is the heaviest Gamecock lean of the set.

Reaction Score
Some kids want to go to a school to help make it relevant again after a down period. That's what happened to Maryland in 2003-04 when Shay Doron and Crystal Langhorne signed with Maryland in consecutive years. Two years LATER they won the national championship.

I assume that's what you meant to type.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Colorado hosted a pair of Californians on official visits - Hannah Stines and Elle Ladine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom