Senhor honored at team hotel tonight | The Boneyard

Senhor honored at team hotel tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
A large group gathered at the team hotel (Hyatt Regency Dallas) tonight to watch the women play Stanford and as the clock wound to zero a loud cheer of "SENHOR, SENHOR" could clearly be heard from one of the tables in the bar. Well done young Huskies, nice to meet you.

Reaction Score
The band playing over the balcony at the end was rather nice. I heard a UConn fan saying later in the night the guy in the room next to him is here legitimately on business and has a 6 am meeting tomorrow - he's rethinking his hotel choice.

Reaction Score
A large group gathered at the team hotel (Hyatt Regency Dallas) tonight to watch the women play Stanford and as the clock wound to zero a loud cheer of "SENHOR, SENHOR" could clearly be heard from one of the tables in the bar. Well done young Huskies, nice to meet you.

I want to party with CAHUSKY one of these days…….seems like one of guys!! LOL

Reaction Score
Apparently, even the Lady Huskies have the Senhor this season.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I want to party with CAHUSKY one of these days…….seems like one of guys!! LOL
I'm boring, old and not that fun to party with anymore. Which of you Boneyard posters were the ones yelling "Senhor" last night? We were slightly buzzed and in a rush to leave last night and I forgot to ask.

Reaction Score
They're not "Lady" Huskies. They've never called themselves that - they are just Huskies - plain & simple. They could use a little mojo for Tuesday.

Reaction Score
They're not "Lady" Huskies. They've never called themselves that - they are just Huskies - plain & simple. They could use a little mojo for Tuesday.

They're Lady Huskies to me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

The chicks fans fight the mojo. They fought it in 2011 and they got bounced. I don't believe offering them any mojo is going to be productive for either side. We need all we have, and they do just fine without it. I do wish them luck against ND!!

Reaction Score
I never understand why the two fan bases are so divided. Its one school. Even the two teams support one another. The days of the Calhoun/Auriemma battles are over. I watch both squads, I live & breath UCONN basketball no matter which team takes the floor and have never missed a men's or women's game (either on TV or in person).

Just my opinion.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I never understand why the two fan bases are so divided. Its one school. Even the two teams support one another. The days of the Calhoun/Auriemma battles are over. I watch both squads, I live & breath UCONN basketball no matter which team takes the floor and have never missed a men's or women's game (either on TV or in person).

Just my opinion.

Speaking for myself, I root for them, hard. I am not a huge Womens BBall fan, but I AM a Uconn fan and what Geno has accomplished is amazing, and great for the state, school, and basketball program.

Again, for me, the divide isn't the team but the fans of the team. They are two very different fan bases, and my admittedly twisted sensibilities don't usually jive with their view on sports and fandom. So there are a few of us here who like tweak them a little bit, but in a good fun way. Certainly not malicious.

caw

Reaction Score
The chicks fans fight the mojo. They fought it in 2011 and they got bounced. I don't believe offering them any mojo is going to be productive for either side. We need all we have, and they do just fine without it. I do wish them luck against ND!!

Maybe with Ollie now coaching and being friendly with Geno the mojo can be spread without dilution?

Reaction Score
I watch the women play when they have a chance to lose. I haven't seen 10 minutes of them this year, though I did watch for 5 minutes last night when they were behind early.

If there is no chance to lose, and we know this year there was no chance, it doesn't work for me.

Reaction Score
Speaking for myself, I root for them, hard. I am not a huge Womens BBall fan, but I AM a Uconn fan and what Geno has accomplished is amazing, and great for the state, school, and basketball program.

Again, for me, the divide isn't the team but the fans of the team. They are two very different fan bases, and my admittedly twisted sensibilities don't usually jive with their view on sports and fandom. So there are a few of us here who like tweak them a little bit, but in a good fun way. Certainly not malicious.

Oh - I never thought it was malicious...just never understood it. I know that compared to the men the women can seem boring - I just happen to love both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom