Semi-OT: UHart to D3 Podcast | The Boneyard

Semi-OT: UHart to D3 Podcast

Reaction Score
Hi all,

Latest CT Scoreboard is up. This one tackles the whole UHart to D3 drama. I've got Dennis House on to break down the scoop he broke, Melissa Pereira a UHart Softball alum who started a petition to keep the school D1, and close with Erik Ostberg - a UHart baseball alum now with the Tampa Bay Rays.

Reaction Score
My alma mater Boston U. was so far ahead of the game when it shut down the D1 football program in the early 1990s. They can go back and see how much money they saved and maybe correspond it to the meteoric rise in its academic reputation. Then again it's kind of hard to mess up your reputation when you're a big school in a great city. Even Northeastern has managed that.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
My alma mater Boston U. was so far ahead of the game when it shut down the D1 football program in the early 1990s. They can go back and see how much money they saved and maybe correspond it to the meteoric rise in its academic reputation. Then again it's kind of hard to mess up your reputation when you're a big school in a great city. Even Northeastern has managed that.
The hate runs deep.

Reaction Score
If UHart can find the right affiliations in D3, such as the NEWMAC, it may be worth it, from a strategic point of view.

Reaction Score
UHart going D3 will be University of Bridgeport 2.0. Sliding to irrelevance.

Reaction Score
When you're a university that's like a million others, D1 sports can be your distinguisher.
Depends on the conference. There's plenty of very well regarded schools that are D3.

Reaction Score

The Social Network movie mentions that students that attend B.U don't have to study. how good is that reputation?!?!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom