OT: Self gets lifetime deal | The Boneyard

OT: Self gets lifetime deal

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Or the punishment is way more severe than anyone thought

Reaction Score
My god, his contract stipulates that he will not be fired regardless of what will happen in the infractions case. The things that happen when a donor is running your athletic department.

Now THAT is hilarious. Most contracts have a morality clause where if you F up you’re fired. His has a clause where they are EXPECTING him to be found guilty of something and all it costs him is an adjustment to his lifetime salary.

Good god!!!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
My god, his contract stipulates that he will not be fired regardless of what will happen in the infractions case. The things that happen when a donor is running your athletic department.

Makes it pretty clear how they want him to handle recruiting going forward

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If there was a god, the Rotten Fruit would give nose picker a lifetime contract.
This contract stinks something fierce. ? I don't have a good theory on it, but given the infractions still being out there, it doesn't sound right.

Reaction Score
The NCAA needs villains so at least we have one sticking around for a while.

Reaction Score
how does KU get crazy rich alumni to personally finance the basketball program? it's a similarly sized public university, where are UConn's boosters at?

Reaction Score

Wow... actually speechless after what just happened with les miles. This is like a you to the NCAA, unless of course they’re in cahoots and paying off Emmett and the NCAA, which I wouldn’t put pass all of them

Reaction Score
how does KU get crazy rich alumni to personally finance the basketball program? it's a similarly sized public university, where are UConn's boosters at?
I wonder the same thing about SEC programs. Where the hell are they getting all these uber rich alumni that give their life savings to athletics? Their academics are not any better than UConn other than Vanderbilt and maybe Georgia/Florida.

Reaction Score
Isn't that lyric in an Alanis Morissette song, "Got a lifetime contract, and died the next day. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think? A little too ironic? Yeah, I really do think."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And to think Lew Perkins was too corrupt for these guys.

Reaction Score
UConn was my first love, but I am a Kansas Alum.

Love that Bill will be around forever. Everyone here can act holier than and keep your head in the sand, but if you are a smart athletic department, you keep your HOF coach happy. With the rumors of him going to San Antonio, this was needed.

Reaction Score
So a state that just this year suspended tenure protections so they have cover to fire professors and which is absolutely not hiring anybody to new tenure lines is handing out lifetime contracts to a coach who already makes at least the salary of any ten professors before endorsements. Good stuff.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wonder the same thing about SEC programs. Where the hell are they getting all these uber rich alumni that give their life savings to athletics? Their academics are not any better than UConn other than Vanderbilt and maybe Georgia/Florida.
Most UConn alum are tied down paying the insane taxes in the Northeast states

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom