SEC Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SEC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it almost time for the way-too-early preseason SEC rankings predictions?

Reaction Score
Is it almost time for the way-too-early preseason SEC rankings predictions?

1. South Carolina
2. MSU

3. Kentucky

4. Ark
5. Tenn
6. Texas AM

7-14. Throw them in a hat and draw.

1 and 2 as has been for the last several years, ahead of everyone.

3 is definitely Kentucky. They need more balance.

4-6. Possible one could surprise, but all 3 have been like roller coasters the last couple years. Great for a game then pure crap for a game.

Reaction Score
Team Rankings:
1. South Carolina
2. Mississippi St.
3. Kentucky
4. Texas A&M. (with Zaay active, Texas A&M moves past KY)
5. Tennessee
6. Arkansas

Also think that 3 through 6 will be really tight and agree with @garddog about 7-14.

Seems like a much deeper SEC talented conference this year.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina

2. Miss St / KY tie

4. TAMU Tenn Arky

7-13 Pick 'em

14. Ole Miss I see no ray of hope of them winning a conference game/

Two reason I have Miss St and KY tied (1) new coach at Miss St. will probably be good, but may take a (weird covid-affected) season to adjust and (2) a senior "conference superstar" at KY to carry the Cats

Reaction Score
So does anyone get fired this year or do they all get passes because they will blame covid?

Reaction Score
So does anyone get fired this year or do they all get passes because they will blame covid?

I think Vandy is vulnerable. If they stink again, that’ll be five years of nothing for White.
4-12
3-13
2-14
4-12

And they’re not even recruiting that badly. They have some pretty talented players, but they don’t seem to win any games. She has a “new offense” this year, and if it flops (and I hope it doesn’t - I cheer for some of the kids in that program), I just don’t know why an AD would keep her around.

Reaction Score
I’m excited and anxious to see TN. I think this is one of the most experienced TN teams we’ve seen in awhile. I also feel more comfortable now that the coaching staff has a YR under their belt. I think Jordan Horston and Rae Burrell combined with the lotto pick in Rennia Davis creates a three headed monster along with the size inside which should be much better. Kasi Kushkituah looks to be in the best shape of her life.

Look for the additions of the grad transfers to make some noise. Jordan Walker is smaller guard who fits the bill similar to other small guards who have given TN fits over the last few seasons. From all accounts Destiny Salary has been a true engerizer to this team. She is active with the media and has become a fan favorite. Look for her speed and confidence to shine through. Tess Darby who was recruited from several Big12 schools is a true threat from 3. Her NBA range shot and 40% 3 PT accuracy should help the inside a little bit. I expect a slight adjustment to the college game but I think her IQ is something that will allow her to see the floor fast.

Brings me to Marta Suarez who was also recruited by Duke and UCLA. 6’2”. She can fill several holes. She’s known to have a European Swagger and the coaching staff has raved about her. I think she can create some tough match ups when paired with the others above. One slight dig Kellie did have towards the prior coaching staff was that too many of the players on the team were one dimensional so look for that change.

Again, not sure the pieces are 100% there to be at the top of the SEC but there is potential.
Tennessee can easily be #2-3 in the conference. But it all depends on growth. Careless turnovers. Fouling. Rennia Davis, Key, and Horston will be the key to how far they go. They will be better shooting the 3 though. And quicker on defense

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee can easily be #2-3 in the conference. But it all depends on growth. Careless turnovers. Fouling. Rennia Davis, Key, and Horston will be the key to how far they go. They will be better shooting the 3 though. And quicker on defense
I think adding Suarez will help. I am ready to see how the new player fit in.

Reaction Score
1. South Carolina

2. Miss St / KY tie

4. TAMU Tenn Arky

7-13 Pick 'em

14. Ole Miss I see no ray of hope of them winning a conference game/

Two reason I have Miss St and KY tied (1) new coach at Miss St. will probably be good, but may take a (weird covid-affected) season to adjust and (2) a senior "conference superstar" at KY to carry the Cats
I think the coaching change is a reason for some hesitation in putting Mississippi State as a solid number two. With this new run and gun system Mississippi State could be playing some ugly turnover games. I also want to see who steps up to take the shooting guard role. At this point most believe the starting spot is going to be earned by either A Matharu or M Hayes. However the other will still play a lot.
UK needs to see what it is going to get out of O Owens. She has potential but has yet to consistently produce. Hopefully she is completely healthy. UK also needs to develop a more consistent toughness. Last season they got hot a couple of games and ran out on their opponent. However they also got punched a few times and did not respond well.

Reaction Score

There are coaches who SHOULD be fired but most will probably survive given the circumstances this year. Vandy will fire their FB coach before they fire white.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Missouri. Sophomore jumps from Blackwell and Frank, plus a transfer in Dickson (who used to make pretty significant showings vs UConn will at Tulsa) could surprise.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of people are sleeping on Missouri. Sophomore jumps from Blackwell and Frank, plus a transfer in Dickson (who used to make pretty significant showings vs UConn will at Tulsa) could surprise.

I think they’ll be better than last year and they’ve always had good guards but I still don’t think they have the post play to be really good and compete at the top of the SEC.

Reaction Score
I think they’ll be better than last year and they’ve always had good guards but I still don’t think they have the post play to be really good and compete at the top of the SEC.

Neither does Arkansas, but I’ve seen many predicting top 4. Same can be said for anyone not named MSU or SC imho.

Reaction Score
I think MSU will be around 3-4 if everyone is healthy. I think KY will take the number 2 spot as Howard is simply lights out. A&M, Arkansas, and UT won't be easy outs.

I think UT will be a little improved over last year. Their biggest problem was turnovers. Davis is the second best player in the league.

Reaction Score
Neither does Arkansas, but I’ve seen many predicting top 4. Same can be said for anyone not named MSU or SC imho.

Yes, but that’s because Arkansas has proven good guard play and Neighbors is an amazing coach. Much respect to Pingeton but her teams have never made it to the sweet 16 or beyond and she had WNBA talent Sophie Cunningham. I really like Blackwell and Franks though their both supremely confident and weren’t scared as freshman. They’ll both be very good this year. I’ll hold my thoughts on Shug Dickson as she hasn’t been in a single conference long enough to make a true impact and the SEC is much tougher than the Big 12 and certainly tougher than the American. I’m not from Missouri, but I’m taking the “Show Me” approach:D.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yes, but that’s because Arkansas has proven good guard play and Neighbors is an amazing coach. Much respect to Pingeton but her teams have never made it to the sweet 16 or beyond and she had WNBA talent Sophie Cunningham. I really like Blackwell and Franks though their both supremely confident and weren’t scared as freshman. They’ll both be very good this year. I’ll hold my thoughts on Shug Dickson as she hasn’t been in a single conference long enough to make a true impact and the SEC is much tougher than the Big 12 and certainly tougher than the American. I’m not from Missouri, but I’m taking the “Show Me” approach:D.

Since, I assume based on the name, you're a South Carolina fan, do you see LaDazhia Williams having an impact for them? I know she never really shined at USC but she was kind of buried on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
Since, I assume based on the name, you're a South Carolina fan, do you see LaDazhia Williams having an impact for them? I know she never really shined at USC but she was kind of buried on the depth chart.

Depends on what you mean by impact.... First and foremost Williams is stretch 4 not a banger (which she’ll have to be for Mizzou) but I do think she’ll be a starter for them and will have some good games but I don’t see her as a difference maker in the post unless it’s against lower level SEC teams. I think they’ll have major problems rebounding against SC, Miss St, Tenn, A&M, LSU, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom