SEC Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

SEC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Henderson was a McDonalds All American and was ranked the #1 point guard in the class of 2018. She is quicker, faster and a much better athlete than Harris . Ty was the better overall player because she was solid in all phases of being a point guard. The same thing could be said about Amihere who was rated the top prospect before the injury. That being said the more talented player are not always the best player. We will have to wait and see how that turns out. The funny thing is coming into last season Ty and Kiki was getting hardly no love from the media and this board when we were discussing what SC was bringing back. Ty was projected to go in the third round and Kiki was not even on the draft boards.

We are adding two McDonald's All Americans that we did not have last year in Littleton and Russell. If we were to base talent on rankings an accolades then we will be more talented this season than last year. However that does not mean we will be a better team.

We are not arguing just having a discussion based on different views. I am not saying you are wrong but I am looking at it from a potential standpoint.
The other Ty and KiKi nugget is that neither were McDonald All americans

Reaction Score
Even with the season ending without a NCAAT. I consider the first year of coach Harper at Tennessee a successful season.
I'm curious. What would this year's Lady Vols record have to be for you to consider the season unsuccessful ?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm curious. What would this year's Lady Vols record have to be for you to consider the season unsuccessful ?
Well it's not just about the number of wins. I'd say at least 20 wins. It's also about what loses. When Holly was the coach. The team would get a big win, and follow that up with a bad loss. There were no bad loses under Harper.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well it's not just about the number of wins. I'd say at least 20 wins. It's also about what loses. When Holly was the coach. The team would get a big win, and follow that up with a bad loss. There were no bad loses under Harper.

I agree....the biggest difference is the level of effort exerted by players. Talent was clearly a step down last year without 3 players who would've started in Westbrook/Collins/Green.

Reaction Score
Alabama should have been a loss -save for Renia Davis's last second shot

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not basketball related, but since this is the SEC thread.

One less arse whupping for the Chickens :p

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Yep, and there's more to it that just talent. Those two first-rounders were LEADERS on and off the court. One was Ms. Dependable and Calm. The other was Ms. Fire. Frankly, Kiki surprised me with her leadership. Their leadership allowed out freshmen to survive on talent alone.

I don't expect us to develop that type of leadership in 2020. Possibly the leaders will emerge by post season. I hope so, but I do not expect another one loss season. We'll see.
I think Aliyah and Destinee will be the clear leaders this season. Aliyah is simply a born leader, mature beyond her years.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Not basketball related, but since this is the SEC thread.

One less arse whupping for the Chickens :p

It's still disappointing; at the rate COVID-19 cases are increasing in SC (3rd highest, per capita of any state/country level jurisdiction in the world) there may not be ANY football or basketball in the Palmetto State this fall and winter. Certainly not any with fans in the stands.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It bears repeating that Holly's genius as a coach was sorely underappreciated. She succeeded in dragging down the expectations of Vols fans so low that they're happy being an NCAA bubble team. That was merely Phase One of her grand plan. Such a shame Quick Trigger Phil didn't let her continue.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It bears repeating that Holly's genius as a coach was sorely underappreciated. She succeeded in dragging down the expectations of Vols fans so low that they're happy being an NCAA bubble team. That was merely Phase One of her grand plan. Such a shame Quick Trigger Phil didn't let her continue.
I think the program is in better shape under Harper.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I like TN hovering in the 15-25 range which seems to be about were they are for the forseeable future. Get their fans hopeful, Get to the S16 and then get spanked (preferably by us but anyone will do). :)

In this way, Beating them in the OOC gives us some benefit.

Reaction Score
Mighty quiet in here the past month. What y'all think about A&M getting Zaay Green waiver (I think) approved.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Mighty quiet in here the past month. What y'all think about A&M getting Zaay Green waiver (I think) approved.

I didn't know it was approved.. but if it was then good for them. I could be wrong, but it seems SEC schools don't have a lot of success getting waivers approved... or maybe that's just South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Are they just going to approve all waivers this year? Typically transfers like this would never get approved unless there are very special circumstances.

Between this and Mikesell, it appears to be this way.

Ole Miss I'm sure is desperate to get Austin eligible. I don't see how you could give Mikesell the waiver approved but not Austin.

Reaction Score
I really don't want to spread false news. She did post an A&M graphic saying she was approved a few weeks ago on her IG story. Maybe it's unofficial or maybe misleading and meant something else. I should have done research because no media outlet reported it lol

Reaction Score
I really don't want to spread false news. She did post an A&M graphic saying she was approved a few weeks ago on her IG story. Maybe it's unofficial or maybe misleading and meant something else. I should have done research because no media outlet reported it lol
No problem. I was just curious. It’s all good.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols were in a similar situation as the UConn men and the first steps is to change the culture which both DH and KJH have done. Next it is to get recruits with the proper attitude to continue the culture change with the potential to be the base of a consistently winning player in the 3-4 year range. Both have done this KJH has moved the needle and while the Pat Summitt seasons are still above them just like the Jim Calhoun seasons are above our men. It is appropriate to be excited for both programs.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Lady Vols were in a similar situation as the UConn men and the first steps is to change the culture which both DH and KJH have done. Next it is to get recruits with the proper attitude to continue the culture change with the potential to be the base of a consistently winning player in the 3-4 year range. Both have done this KJH has moved the needle and while the Pat Summitt seasons are still above them just like the Jim Calhoun seasons are above our men. It is appropriate to be excited for both programs.
I agree. There are times when a top recruit. May not be the best fit for a program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom