SEC 21-22 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Lol when fully healthy? South Carolina, Stanford, UConn, NC State, Michigan, Baylor, Louisville, Maryland, Indiana for sure and probably Tennessee, Notre Dame, Texas, Florida, Georgia Tech and Iowa State.

Really wasn’t that difficult to do. On a neural floor, LSU would probably be the underdog in a majority of those matchups. For the ones where they are favored, it likely wouldn’t be by much.

LSU, like a majority of these teams have already, is going to be missing a key contributor for an extended period. I mentioned in a previous post how LSU has been fortunate to not have to be without a starter or two, or three like most of these other teams have been.

I’m not sure why people do this with the SEC every year. There’s great teams, sure. But for all the “hype” the conference gets as a whole, the overall postseason performance has been pretty underwhelming if we are going by the last two NCAA tournaments. Last year’s was particularly embarrassing.
You stated,
"Win or loss, LSU is nowhere near a top 15 team imo. You can’t have a team filled with this many players that are this all over the place offensively."

So what 15 teams do you think are better than LSU now? Or are you referring to when teams are fully healthy (which hasn't been the case for vast majority of teams on your list).

I'm not what you're saying "people are doing" in regards to the SEC? Hyping it up? SEC only has 1 title threat, I don't see anyone arguing LSU is a title contender. No one is particularly bullish about any one other than LSU/SC being teams likely to be in the Sweet 16. I think most fans recognize there is depth, but majority of teams are in the 5-9 seed range. There aren't any gimme wins in the SEC (even Auburn has wins over Georgia Tech, Tennessee and Georgia), but the caliber of the top few teams doesn't stack up well compared to the ACC or Big 12.

Reaction Score
This is going to make the game against Tennessee very difficult. I predict it is a toss up now.
I pencilled in a loss. It’s TN senior night at home, LSU lost a 15 PPG scorer with a significant drop off behind her. I think they play hard but unless the other guards step up big it’s gonna be tough to win

I honestly would rather face Tennessee full strength with Horston than playing this game without Morris. Cherry is due for a good shooting game, hopefully it happens.

Reaction Score
You stated,
"Win or loss, LSU is nowhere near a top 15 team imo. You can’t have a team filled with this many players that are this all over the place offensively."

So what 15 teams do you think are better than LSU now? Or are you referring to when teams are fully healthy (which hasn't been the case for vast majority of teams on your list).

I'm not what you're saying "people are doing" in regards to the SEC? Hyping it up? SEC only has 1 title threat, I don't see anyone arguing LSU is a title contender. No one is particularly bullish about any one other than LSU/SC being teams likely to be in the Sweet 16. I think most fans recognize there is depth, but majority of teams are in the 5-9 seed range. There aren't any gimme wins in the SEC (even Auburn has wins over Georgia Tech, Tennessee and Georgia), but the caliber of the top few teams doesn't stack up well compared to the ACC or Big 12.

Reread the list. I am not sure how much of the response you read, but I broke both sides of the argument down. As I stated, LSU has been fortunate to not deal with any significant injuries which as been beneficial to their success. However, a lot of those teams on my list are getting back healthy and it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Fully healthy and right now you could make the argument that those are 15 better teams. If you think LSU is a legitimate top 16 team, fine. I just don't think so at this point. Creme currently has Virginia Tech in the Baton Rouge regional, if that matchup comes to fruition that could definitely result in a second round exit for LSU simply because their gap between some of those teams ranked in the late teens and early 20s behind them is not that large to me.

I am not impressed with the SEC this year as several teams have simply underperformed. Kentucky, Georgia, and Texas A&M have probably played under expectations. And it wouldn't surprise me if we see similar struggles from SEC teams like last year.

And I am not particularly sure how you aren't seeing the point. Every year the SEC is typically given the most bids and a slew of hosting opportunities for the first round only for a majority of the conference to fall flat when it is time to produce. Is it "depth" or is it actually the conference just is not as good as fans think it is? In recent memory we hear about the "depth" in that conference but outside of MS State, SC, and occasionally A&M it just hasn't correlated to the post season success.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reread the list. I am not sure how much of the response you read, but I broke both sides of the argument down. As I stated, LSU has been fortunate to not deal with any significant injuries which as been beneficial to their success. However, a lot of those teams on my list are getting back healthy and it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Fully healthy and right now you could make the argument that those are 15 better teams. If you think LSU is a legitimate top 16 team, fine. I just don't think so at this point. Creme currently has Virginia Tech in the Baton Rouge regional, if that matchup comes to fruition that could definitely result in a second round exit for LSU simply because their gap between some of those teams ranked in the late teens and early 20s behind them is not that large to me.

I am not impressed with the SEC this year as several teams have simply underperformed. Kentucky, Georgia, and Texas A&M have probably played under expectations. And it wouldn't surprise me if we see similar struggles from SEC teams like last year.

And I am not particularly sure how you aren't seeing the point. Every year the SEC is typically given the most bids and a slew of hosting opportunities for the first round only for a majority of the conference to fall flat when it is time to produce. Is it "depth" or is it actually the conference just is not as good as fans think it is? In recent memory we hear about the "depth" in that conference but outside of MS State, SC, and occasionally A&M it just hasn't correlated to the post season success.
I feel like we are beating a dead horse here….

LSU is a good team, well coached, and play hard despite being limited talent wise. We can debate rankings all day but Post season success will come down to matchups. That isn’t just a LSU thing. Pointer and Morris are capable of taking LSU far but LSU is also vulnerable where they could lose early (first or second round). But if they host the first and 2nd round, that’s pretty significant for the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69