Screech RIP | The Boneyard

Screech RIP

Reaction Score
if you're my age you grew up watching him and basically everyone of every age has heard the name Screech. Sadly, like many kid stars he was left with no money and had a pretty rough life. RIP Dustin Diamond.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
if you're my age you grew up watching him and basically everyone of every age has heard the name Screech. Sadly, like many kid stars he was left with no money and had a pretty rough life. RIP Dustin Diamond.

Definitely grew up watching him.

Sucks.

But yeah the child star thing is interesting. Always wonder how they blow all their money when it should be sitting there until they are of age.

Reaction Score

Sucks.

But yeah the child star thing is interesting. Always wonder how they blow all their money when it should be sitting there until they are of age.
A lot of them never see the money.

Reaction Score

Sucks.

It's supposed to be. A certain % of actor earnings are supposed to go into a trust until they turn 18 or 21. Jackie Coogan law I believe.
But yeah managers (or parents) et al get their cut first and sometimes the kid gets ripped off.

Reaction Score
He probably didn't have insurance due to not having money and being self-employed. May have prevented him from getting medical attention sooner. I don't know if he was still in the actors union and might have had some coverage through that? The initial report said he had a huge tumor in his throat. I'd imagine it took time to get to Stage 4. It sounds to people like it was quick, but really it was only quick since his diagnosis. He could've had it for years.

Full disclosure, I'm not a doctor, I just play one on The Boneyard.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Wow. RIP. I was just following this the past several weeks. I read elsewhere he may have gotten the cancer from staying in cheap motels ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom