Scott Frost. | The Boneyard

Scott Frost.

Reaction Score
Ran into a buzz saw as Oklahoma head man. Will probably be fired at the end of the year.

First HC job was taking over 0-12 UCF. Went 6-7 then 13-0. Very creative offensive mind. Was OC at Oregon.

As a player he QBed a collegient national champion. In the NFL he played under Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick.

Yep, he bought the farm at Oklahoma. But he has a better track record than anything that has stood on the sideline at UConn. And it would b nice to see a little imagination on offense. We have not had a HC from the offensive side of the ball as a D1 team, just sayin.

Reaction Score
retread. no.

Still want Aaron Best
We need someone with NFL ties. The only way we get better players is by promising we know the league.

Reaction Score
I don't really have any valuable input on this topic, but 'Frost' fits perfectly for a team that plays in New England and is named the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Hire an up and coming young coach from the FCS rank. Edsall 2.0 is a utter failure to the Nth level. I am not sure Frost can bring kids to UCONN, but would be an upgrade over Edsall for sure. He won't be cheap, and UCONN isn't paying.

Reaction Score
Schiano has Rutgers risen from the ashes once again. How? Recruiting NJ hard.

Reaction Score
We need someone with NFL ties. The only way we get better players is by promising we know the league.
no. we need someone who has been a head coach and has won football games.

Reaction Score
Hire an up and coming young coach from the FCS rank. Edsall 2.0 is a utter failure to the Nth level. I am not sure Frost can bring kids to UCONN, but would be an upgrade over Edsall for sure. He won't be cheap, and UCONN isn't paying.
Richard Simmons would be an upgrade over Edsall.

Reaction Score
Frost lucked out having a top shelf QB at CFU. Adrien Martinez had a fantastic freshman year, which probably caused Frost to think that he had it made at that position. But, Martinez got hurt, and has regressed at an almost incomprehensible pace. So, he didn't recruit for that position, and never explored the portal.

Frost got McCaffrey light, but thought he was getting a younger version of Christian. Unfortunately, Both younger McCaffrey's see themselves as QB's, and neither one is a FBS QB.

So, he and the Nebraska fans are stuck with AMart,

BTW, did anyone other than me happen to see the Nebraska Fordham game yesterday. Fordham's Sr LB Ryan Greenhagen. I was at the game. His record tying 30 tackles were legit. He was a beast. No soft hits. He was laying the lumber all game long. In short, I was surprised that it was only 30. The chatter from the Huskers after the game was nothing short of complete awe.

I don't know if he has a 5th year, but if he is, and wants to enter the portal, despite being a bit undersized, he'll get a ton of offers.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Aren’t one or more of Skip Holtz’s kids into coaching? Three generations of Holtzes at Storrs. What a nice story. Kidding. Maybe.

Reaction Score
Aren’t one or more of Skip Holtz’s kids into coaching? Three generations of Holtzes at Storrs. What a nice story. Kidding. Maybe.
Trey Holtz coaches inside receivers at LaTech.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Trey Holtz coaches inside receivers at LaTech.
The Holtz family knows offense. Lou had a great line about UConn’s location. “It was called Store and then they built another one”. I was at UConn when he was there. He wouldn't recognize the campus and surroundings. For that matter, neither would Skip.

Reaction Score
Where is Jack Cochran these days. He would light a fire thats for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom