OT: Scotch thread | Page 27 | The Boneyard

OT: Scotch thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really looking forward to popping that once a few of my open ones are further along. This is only the second IB I have had, the other is a Glencadam 10 from " The Ultimate Whisky Company " and its delicious stuff.
Ultimate Whiskey Company frequently has Edradour or Ballechin (peated Edradour) from sherry casks and both are amazing. Hard to find in the States Though. Some IBs are great values too. There’s no advertising budget. More risk and more reward.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The reality is that cheap bourbon, EW white, WT 101 or Beam are all pretty good. An aged spirit for several years at the price of vodka.

Beam black was always a sleeper cheapie good one, too. My next bottle purchase is a rye, probably WT 101 Rye, Rare breed rye, or old Forrester, but let's see.

Reaction Score
Beam black was always a sleeper cheapie good one, too. My next bottle purchase is a rye, probably WT 101 Rye, Rare breed rye, or old Forrester, but let's see.

OF Rye is my go to for an Old Fashioned. If you can find it, grab it. Its supposed to be moved to a Kentucky only exclusive.

Reaction Score
Ultimate Whiskey Company frequently has Edradour or Ballechin (peated Edradour) from sherry casks and both are amazing. Hard to find in the States Though. Some IBs are great values too. There’s no advertising budget. More risk and more reward.

I had to order this one from Fine Drams in Denmark. The only real IB stuff I see in my market is Signatory.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I had to order this one from Fine Drams in Denmark. The only real IB stuff I see in my market is Signatory.
Awesome. Jonas is a great guy. Where did you hear about them?

Reaction Score
Awesome. Jonas is a great guy. Where did you hear about them?

He is! Always very responsive when I have reached out. I believe on Reddit, I dont recall now. Their selection hasnt updated much in a while but they still have some really good stuff that we just cant get. Its a great way to get Glenfarclas 15, I order it with my shop guy and with the split cost it ends up at about $85 US per bottle. So a good deal IMO.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He is! Always very responsive when I have reached out. I believe on Reddit, I dont recall now. Their selection hasnt updated much in a while but they still have some really good stuff that we just cant get. Its a great way to get Glenfarclas 15, I order it with my shop guy and with the split cost it ends up at about $85 US per bottle. So a good deal IMO.
They only thing they have left that I was part of the barrel picking team for with Jonas and others is this. Grosperrin N°72 Grande Champagne Cognac - Aficionados x Fine Drams

I’m waiting until they have an Ultimate Whiskey Company Edradour. Haven’t in some time, just Ballechin (which is also great).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Since I'm out of free NYT articles already, figured I'd post this.

I knew the folks at Wigle quite well when I was still doing coffee and they were small enough to be having labeling parties where a bunch of us would hand label the bottles for a couple hours, then sample some wares. I pretty much only use rye in cocktails, but I've got a bottle of Wigle and it is very different from Canadians and mass produced US ryes.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Since I'm out of free NYT articles already, figured I'd post this.

I knew the folks at Wigle quite well when I was still doing coffee and they were small enough to be having labeling parties where a bunch of us would hand label the bottles for a couple hours, then sample some wares. I pretty much only use rye in cocktails, but I've got a bottle of Wigle and it is very different from Canadians and mass produced US ryes.
Rye is pretty good young, certainly more so than Bourbon or Malt. Tends to lend itself well to craft producers.

Reaction Score
1655301137223.png

This is a beaut. Bit pricey but damn its delicious.

Reaction Score
1655301369436.png

Double delicious. The boston round has a sample of the other NAS that Arran does, the Bothy Quarter Cask. Had together with this sherry cask its amazing.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
View attachment 76939

Double delicious. The boston round has a sample of the other NAS that Arran does, the Bothy Quarter Cask. Had together with this sherry cask its amazing.
Bourbon cask Arran is boring, but they do a lot of nice wine, port and sherry finished stuff that is tasty.

Reaction Score
Bourbon cask Arran is boring, but they do a lot of nice wine, port and sherry finished stuff that is tasty.

I love the 10 yo stuff. That and these two are the only ones I have been able to find. And the NAS I have I got from EU as did my buddy that has the other, that's where I got the sample. Getting ready to order that one tomorrow of Friday.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Ordered myself an American Single Malt picked by guys I know at r/bourbon. Came recommended. There was a lottery system to be able to order it, so it probably sold out. Father's Day to myself.
CW_RBourbon_White_Square_HighRes_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Reaction Score
Ordered myself an American Single Malt picked by guys I know at r/bourbon. Came recommended. There was a lottery system to be able to order it, so it probably sold out. Father's Day to myself.
View attachment 76945

Jay's barrel program is awesome. He also runs R/Scotchit but the one bottle he did sold quite poorly. I got a Sagamore Rye from that program that is likely the best rye I have ever tasted. Its insanely good stuff. Like a boozy brachs cinnamon disc.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I love the 10 yo stuff. That and these two are the only ones I have been able to find. And the NAS I have I got from EU as did my buddy that has the other, that's where I got the sample. Getting ready to order that one tomorrow of Friday.
If you like peat at all, I highly recommend the Ultimate Whiskey Company Ballechin.

Reaction Score
If you like peat at all, I highly recommend the Ultimate Whiskey Company Ballechin.

I am not the peat guy. It oddly gives me terrible indigestion. A tiny puff I can take but , say an Ardbeg or Caol Isla are out for me.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Jay's barrel program is awesome. He also runs R/Scotchit but the one bottle he did sold quite poorly. I got a Sagamore Rye from that program that is likely the best rye I have ever tasted. Its insanely good stuff. Like a boozy brachs cinnamon disc.
Yeah. He's a good guy. Traded samples with him for a long time and I'm on his discord server. For bourbon and rye, his palate and mine tend to align pretty closely. He had me do a big Knob Creek Sib tasting with him a few years ago. Guy works his tail off doing this stuff.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
View attachment 76945
So if anybody else wants one of there are some left and sales will open to the public tomorrow on Seelbachs.com.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Did you get yours yet?
Hasn't arrived yet, no. They won't ship to Massachusetts. So I have my orders sent to a friend in RI.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom