Scooter's Key to the Game-UVA | The Boneyard

Scooter's Key to the Game-UVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Four keys:
1. Football games are 60 minutes. Play the full 60!
2. Virginia starts lots of youth on defense. Several true and redshirt frosh at key positions. We need to impose our will.
3. Don't be afraid to throw the ball. This is a pass defense that doesn't pressure the passer and doesn't get picks. Only 4 last year and none so far this year.
4. Their playmakers are their receivers including a running back who likes to get the ball through the air out of the backfield. But the quarterback is a grad transfer who has played all of 2 games in his career. Put some pressure on him and don't let him get comfortable and confident back there.

And if I were to add #5, manage the clock! Get plays in in a timely manner and know down distance and how much time remains.

Reaction Score
  • UConn's defense should be able to put a lot of pressure on this QB as Virginia's O-line is weak
  • Don't be so freakin predictable on offense. Spread their D out to start with screens and slants. Then run a draw, then play action pass, then a run outside, maybe a pitch or an option. Keep em guessing.

Reaction Score
Four keys:
1. Football games are 60 minutes. Play the full 60!
2. Virginia starts lots of youth on defense. Several true and redshirt frosh at key positions. We need to impose our will.
3. Don't be afraid to throw the ball. This is a pass defense that doesn't pressure the passer and doesn't get picks. Only 4 last year and none so far this year.
4. Their playmakers are their receivers including a running back who likes to get the ball through the air out of the backfield. But the quarterback is a grad transfer who has played all of 2 games in his career. Put some pressure on him and don't let him get comfortable and confident back there.

And if I were to add #5, manage the clock! Get plays in in a timely manner and know down distance and how much time remains.
Good Info...sounds like a Run, Run, Pass & Punt Offense vs VA

Reaction Score
Oregon struggled running the ball up the gut.

Then maybe we shouldn't run up the gut. It's not rocket science UConn. Most other teams in college football seem to be able to generate an offense.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Then maybe we shouldn't run up the gut. It's not rocket science UConn. Most other teams in college football seem to be able to generate an offense.

When my son was just 8 and we were watching football, he would ask me why the runningback would run straight ahead into a pile of humanity for no gain. He asked why the runningback wouldn't go around the pile.

I had no answer for him. I couldn't explain it.

Reaction Score
I think we will fair pretty well during the final two minutes of each half. It's Bobby Debacles master plan. Lull the teams to sleep and then pounce in the last two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom