Scholarship Grid: Then & Now | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Scholarship Grid: Then & Now

Reaction Score
My two cents.. JC/KO/DH are UConn guys/coaches who understand the value of the BE brand.. For whatever reason(s) you want to speculate on.. DH is now the guy.. He has assembled a talented roster..Top to bottom.. On him to deliver the "goods".. (aka wins/championships).. It is what it is.. I.. for one.. See him doing that as he continues to evolve as a top-level D1 coach..

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Especially now in the COVID era. Travel was awful in the AAC pre-pandemic. Imagine now.

Thats without throwing in the quality of opponents.

very good point. I was looking at it in a vacuum, but driving to games for both the kids and the families takes on extra meaning in today's environment

intlzncster

Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah that pretty much proves the point I was making to a T.

For the record, I'm fully on board with @NJHoops overall macro perspective HERE.
For the record check out post #42 in this thread which was a poorer attempt to say the same thing.

This staff was special to start with. Getting into a conference that was geographically in the recruiting areas they had connections had to help. Getting into a conference which has a recent history of NCAA championships as well as is considered one of the top bb conferences has to help.

That doesn't refute any argument this coaching staff could have accomplished things in the AAC.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Could support Waquoit's theory football can land in a Power 5 conference.
Just to clarify, I don't think we will land in a P5 conference. But I think our chances are better to get there with Big East BB and indy FB than they would have been tied to the awful AAC. Imagine if we were in with that batch of losers today - 8/12/20? Instead of celebrating our BB recruits, the athletic department would be in crisis.

Reaction Score
That doesn't refute any argument this coaching staff could have accomplished things in the AAC.

“things” being accomplished is significantly easier in the Big East than it would’ve been in the AAC. Full stop.

we are in the Big East now.

there’s zero reason for this to even be a topic of conversation.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
“things” being accomplished is significantly easier in the Big East than it would’ve been in the AAC. Full stop.

we are in the Big East now.

there’s zero reason for this to even be a topic of conversation.
Just expressing an opinion that we have a great coaching staff that would have done well in the AAC but will do even better in the BE because it’s a better bb conference making it more exciting to recruits plus we conveniently had recruiters with great connections in the BE geographical area.

You just agreed with what I stated. What did I write that you thought said something different?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just to clarify, I don't think we will land in a P5 conference. But I think our chances are better to get there with Big East BB and indy FB than they would have been tied to the awful AAC. Imagine if we were in with that batch of losers today - 8/12/20? Instead of celebrating our BB recruits, the athletic department would be in crisis.
Wasn’t laughing at your original position.

AD is still in crisis. Significantly hurt as is entire university by COVID-19. But excitement level once athletics resume will be through the roof for men’s bb and that will result in great attendance and donations.

When UConn regains its position as a top tier bb program and football hopefully significantly improves there might be a chance for an invite. Both are more likely now than remaining in the AAC. Who knows what type of reshuffling will be needed after the pandemic ends.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For the record check out post #42 in this thread which was a poorer attempt to say the same thing.

who was arguing that?

i do know they would have struggled to land Jackson, and that has fall on effects with other recruits.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
who was arguing that?

i do know they would have struggled to land Jackson, and that has fall on effects with other recruits.
Entire Syracuse forum???

No one in this thread.

Reaction Score
AJ heard/felt something from DH/staff he wasn't hearing/feeling from Syracuse..It's that simple..They saw an opening for a nano -second...Swooped in..They closed the deal..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's far more than just being back in the Big East. Hurley is an ENORMOUS upgrade as Head Coach, as is the rest of the coaching staff.
Ollie shouldve been where DH is now. KOs tenure here started with so much promise and fell apart quickly. Very, very disappointing that he failed so miserably.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom